Seabourn Odyessy Open for Booking Very Soon

Iamboatman

I just received word that bookings for the Odyssey will begin on October 15th. As previously mentioned, this is only for those who placed a deposit have sailed with Seabourn in 2007 or are booked for 2008.

On October 22 those who placed deposits for the Odyssey, but have not sailed in 2007 or 2008 can make their reservations.

On October 29 those who are Seabourn Club members (and some others) can jump in.

On November 3 the bookings will be open to everyone.

Seabourn has also announced that its first World Cruise (108 days) will debut in the first quarter of 2010 and it will start taking names, pending fares being established, in February 2008.

Hi Eric, I just spoke to my local agent (a heavy Seabourn booking agent) and she advises me that this is not "official" YET!. She does say that the sequence of the dates is correct and that the advance deposits and interest is huge! Even higher than Cunard (whatever that means). She advised me that schedules will be released mid-October. She knows I mean business:eek: .

Howard

Howard,

Are you booked on the 2009, June Maiden voyage? If so, a number of us have planned to fly into Venice a couple of days before the sailing for the big christening and celebration.

I am anxious to hear just who the Godmother or Godfather will be~~:rolleyes:

MB

We heard the same thing when we were on our recent cruise aboard the Legend (and yes we left our deposit for the maiden season!) Does anyone know if the itinerary and schedule will come out before the 15th or will bookings begin on the same day as the schedule is announced? Even better, does anyone out there know what the itinerary will be??

It looks like we were on the same cruise with cruisejohnny and I have to agree with almost everything he said in his review. The service was impeccable and a very good time was had by all. I didnt see as many people as he did partaking of the DJ and I thought that was a shame. He was a very nice guy.

I can comment on the spa because we did use it for massages and foot treatments. The treatments themselves were wonderful as were the masseuses (there were only 2) as well as the manicure/pedicure person, who also did the foot treatments. I look forward to the much enlarged spa on the new ships as I love a massage or other treatment at the end of the day before dinner!!

I thought the food was very good and really enjoyed the Tasting Menu. Didn't think it was the over the top at all.

As far as the entertainment was concerned, I have to agree with cruise johnny. Eric DeGray was was very good as was the duo Oasis. The other duo left much to be desired. Loved the classical guitarist (only 21 years old!!) but unfortunately he left the ship to return to school after our sailing.

The only suggestion I would make is with respect to the shore excursions. They did not look very exciting and were way underutilized and often cancelled. I think they have to come up with better choices that involve a little more activity (the one bike riding trip that looked intersting was cancelled for lack of interest).

Great trip!!! Can't wait for the Odyssey!!

Alas, Martita, we are not on the Maiden voyage. I am hoping to snare the first trans-atlantic cruise. Actually, I'm really hoping for a combo with maybe an Eastern Seaboard, ending here in FLL. That would be great. You have to understand, we only will travel if it has a one way flight. But love lots of sea days. Especially on Seabourn.

Howard

Howard

I certainly understand your wanting to fly less ~~~especially international. Last year I experienced 3 airport disasters~~none by my design. I cancelled a Seabourn Spirit Sept. cruise simply because I just couldn't deal with the reality stress of the airports!

A Transatlantic/Eastern Seaboard voyage on the Odyssey would be fantastic ~~I'm looking forward to my Pride "Culinary/Fine Wines" sailing in Oct......

Still looking for a nice luncheon restaurant nearby Cruise Terminal in Philadelphia ~~any suggestions, Sailor's?

Martita B.

As far as the entertainment was concerned, I have to agree with cruise johnny. Eric DeGray was was very good as was the duo Oasis. The other duo left much to be desired. Loved the classical guitarist (only 21 years old!!) but unfortunately he left the ship to return to school after our sailing.

The only suggestion I would make is with respect to the shore excursions. They did not look very exciting and were way underutilized and often cancelled. I think they have to come up with better choices that involve a little more activity (the one bike riding trip that looked intersting was cancelled for lack of interest).

Great trip!!! Can't wait for the Odyssey!!

Marci,

I'm sure our paths crossed several times during the week! I agree about the guitarist - he has a promising career ahead of him. He played softly one night while we wearing eating at "2." Perfect dinner music. He sure had the ideal summer job.

I, too, noticed that at least half the shore excursions were canceled (I think Mahon was the only port in which all of the listed excursions were operated) and I am in agreement with your more detailed opinion of the entertainment.;)

After the fact, I am a bit surprised that there was not a bigger "push" to have guests sign up for the Odyssey's maiden voyage. I only recall it mentioned in the daily newsletter once. However, that could have just been me - I try to focus on the "here and now." I'm sure one the best enhancements of the Odyssey will be a much enlarged spa. On past cruises the spa offered specials half-way through the cruise. I didn't notice that this time so they must have stayed busy. I did get to sample a "Massage Moment" on deck but I was busy ashore most of the rest of the time. I'm also looking forward to the top deck sun-beds. That appears to be an enhancement borrowed from Sea Dream.

johnny

I don't think Seabourne pushes anything, but Jennifer did say that more than 50% of the guests left deposits for the Odyssey or booked another cruise while on board.

I have a question for you as I am curious. When you moved to a higher deck did Seabourne charge you the difference in the cabin rate? When we boarded we asked if there was a balcony cabin available as my husband was miffed that I had not booked one in the first instance and when I checked subsequently they were sold out. There was one available (obviously the one you mentioned) but they were going to charge me more than I would have paid if I had booked it in the first instance. My hubby was gung ho to take it aand I would have it was a real balcony, but frankly didn't think it was the worth the price. So just curious how they handled that with you.

The information I sent out is what I was told, so I am not sure how it isn't "official'.

Anyway, Seabourn is planning to send out a mailer in advance of these dates, so clear deckplans, etc. should be in hand sufficiently before the bookings start.

If I learn more I will let you know.

BTW, I am in Monaco at the Monaco Yacht Show and for anyone cruising her soon, the weather is fantastic; warm in the day (shorts weather!) and cool in the evening. I will be boarding the Legend on the 29th and will be ending the cruise here on October 6th. Hope the weather stays just like this.

Archived