Family friendly beach in Grand Cayman?

Julienatul

I posted a while back on the Grand Cayman board but didnt get any info.

I am looking for a nice family friendly beach area with a covered area/outdoor restaurant for DH somewhere on 7 mile beach?

I like the beach for myself and DD (2) but DH hates to sit in the sun, he even hates umbrellas. He will sit in an outdoor restaurant though while we swim.

Anyone been anywhere along 7 mile beach?

Julie

I posted a while back on the Grand Cayman board but didnt get any info.

I am looking for a nice family friendly beach area with a covered area/outdoor restaurant for DH somewhere on 7 mile beach?

I like the beach for myself and DD (2) but DH hates to sit in the sun, he even hates umbrellas. He will sit in an outdoor restaurant though while we swim.

Anyone been anywhere along 7 mile beach?

Julie

Julie, haven't been everywhere on 7MB but I am sure you can find the right spot for everyone. Catch the cab and tell the driver what you want and I am sure they will take you there.

The place we went to last Nov has everything your looking for. It's right across from the Marriot Courtyard. It has an open aired restraunt next to the rental place & showers. Great snorkeling in the area, has alot of angel fish & a small reef. A long strech of undelevoped beach right next to it, there are lots of beach finds also. Most taxis will take you there for $4 per person & their is always taxis waiting to take ppl back for $5 per person. We are going back next month with our 3 DD & if anything has changed, I'll let you know.

Here are a couple pics you can see the restraunt to the right in the 1st & the empty beach beyond that in the 2nd.

114832733-S.jpg

114832374-S.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The place we went to last Nov has everything your looking for. It's right across from the Marriot Courtyard. It has an open aired restraunt next to the rental place & showers. Great snorkeling in the area, has alot of angel fish & a small reef. A long strech of undelevoped beach right next to it, there are lots of beach finds also. Most taxis will take you there for $4 per person & their is always taxis waiting to take ppl back for $5 per person. We are going back next month with our 3 DD & if anything has changed, I'll let you know.

Here are a couple pics you can see the restraunt to the right in the 1st & the empty beach beyond that in the 2nd.

114832733-S.jpg

114832374-S.jpg

The name of this area on 7 mile beach is Sea Grapes and it's fantastic.

Archived