Pineapples

mew1

• Administrators
Where do you buy pineapples near NCL pier that you can bring home from Honolulu??? How do they have to be packaged????

Mahalo

Mary

Buy your pineapples at the airport. They are pre-inspected by Hawaii's agriculture department, and ready to go back to the mainland. They sell them in packs of 1 or 3, if I recall.

PS I just noticed that you have a similar post which has also received replies. If you didn't happen to see them, it's at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=629939

There are also companies that will transport your pineapples to the airport, but I don't know how cost effective that might be.

Don't be surprised though if the pineapples don't taste as sweet once you get home. In the islands, they tend to use the syrup/juice pineapples when serving them with drinks and such, but they ship home the regular type. They are larger and prettier, but not as succulent.

If you do get a chance, also check out the strawberry papaya - a very tasty alternative to the usual variety and much harder to get on the mainland. Their flesh is pink or red instead of orange.

Charlie

Archived