Family cruise at Christmas

Fogfog

We are cruising at Christmas..with a teen and tween- boys.

Any ideas ? to help set the day apart.

What else would you take?

It has been suggested..

CDs of Christmas music for the cabin time

An artificial wreath for each of the cabin doors

Extra little gifts & bags and notes to thank cabin and wait staff

We are going to be doing an ornament exchange with our CC/connections group

Ideas

Thoughts?

Not sure about Celebrity, but on Princess they sang Christmas Carols, decorated Christmas cookies, Santa came down the glass elevator with gifts for the kids. It was very festive and fun.

We took Christmas stockings with useable gifts for the staff, even took a small tree for the cabin and decoration for the door.:D

On one of our Christmas cruises I got a tote bag at our first port and a t-shirt at that and each port until Christmas -- then I hung it up like a Christmas stocking Christmas Eve and added a few other small souveners I'd picked up in port.

Off-topic tip -- as my son outgrows his t-shirts I have them made into quilt blocks -- when he goes away to college he'll have a quilt to remember all our cruises and trips!

Jakie

On one of our Christmas cruises I got a tote bag at our first port and a t-shirt at that and each port until Christmas -- then I hung it up like a Christmas stocking Christmas Eve and added a few other small souveners I'd picked up in port.

Off-topic tip -- as my son outgrows his t-shirts I have them made into quilt blocks -- when he goes away to college he'll have a quilt to remember all our cruises and trips!

Jakie

T shirt quilts--my neighbor did that for both of her teens too-included sports team jerseys etc.

Thanks for the gift ideas...:)

I took my children on Celebrity 2 years ago and Santa does stop by to hand out presents and to get their wish list of gifts. The ship is decorated beautifully in the traditional way.

My children are young so we left Santa a note at home (with cookies and water for refreshments!) stating that we are not home but to leave the presents there. We brought along their stockings for Santa to fill but carrying all those presents over the ocean would get too heavy for the reindeers!

Enjoy your vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am traveling with an eleven yr old. I told her the majority of her gift is the cruise and we were not going to do excursions. Santa however is going to send her on a Dolphin excursion, she has been wanting to do this since she was 5 yrs old. Plus a couple small things she has been wanting that I can fit in my suite case. A new DVD, CD, Nintendo DS game, PJ, and a webkinz all small and all she can use on vacation. I am also going to hide a small tree in my suitecase she doesn't know about and door deco. We are all looking forward to our christmas vacation My daughter and I have cruised once before, it will be my parents first time.We are all looking forward to this.

Cruisinggrammie's daughter:)

Hi,

I am traveling with an eleven yr old. I told her the majority of her gift is the cruise and we were not going to do excursions. Santa however is going to send her on a Dolphin excursion, she has been wanting to do this since she was 5 yrs old. Plus a couple small things she has been wanting that I can fit in my suite case. A new DVD, CD, Nintendo DS game, PJ, and a webkinz all small and all she can use on vacation. I am also going to hide a small tree in my suitecase she doesn't know about and door deco. We are all looking forward to our christmas vacation My daughter and I have cruised once before, it will be my parents first time.We are all looking forward to this.

Sounds GREAT! Enjoy every second..;)

Hi,

Be sure your electronics are in your carry on and not packed or they will disappear. Also, consider taking a Christmas stocking for your child...

We took some small ones for our steward and servers with candy and useful small items.

Where do you find a table top tree?

How big is that?

Thanks

Lots of places sell smaller trees. Size depends upon what you want to pack. We had a tree that was about 18" tall and with its widest diameter about six inches that we brought on several trips -- got it at a local discount store year ago. Last Christmas we traveled out of state again, but DD found a very funky (purple shiny stuff) tree in the dollar section at Target -- they also had small ornements and garland and a tree skirt-- so for about six bucks total, I relented and we replaced the traveling tree.

I've a tiny tree (8" tall) that is on my desk each year at work -- a dear friend of mine gave it to me as part of a "secret santa" years ago and then has added a charm or something each year as another ornament.

Won't work for OP (what with boys and all!) -- but one year I found a cute xmas charm bracelet kit. So I made and packed a count down paper chain and wrapped each charm in a tiny box and suspended on in each link of the chain -- I hung it in our cabin and DD got to open one box each day. I gave her the bracelet as well the first day.

They were these cute little enamaled charms -- bracelet was a couple of bucks and the charms were only 99 cents each. I found it a one of those fru-fru toys stores in one of those botique shopping towns.

I always try to do little things to make the trip more memorable.

We have a family tradition of reading the "pop up" version of The night before Christmas -- so I always have to remember to pack that book when we are travelling at Christmas time.

Won't work for OP (what with boys and all!) -- but one year I found a cute xmas charm bracelet kit. So I made and packed a count down paper chain and wrapped each charm in a tiny box and suspended on in each link of the chain -- I hung it in our cabin and DD got to open one box each day. I gave her the bracelet as well the first day.

They were these cute little enamaled charms -- bracelet was a couple of bucks and the charms were only 99 cents each. I found it a one of those fru-fru toys stores in one of those botique shopping towns.

I always try to do little things to make the trip more memorable.

We have a family tradition of reading the "pop up" version of The night before Christmas -- so I always have to remember to pack that book when we are travelling at Christmas time.

LOL

Yes with a tween and teen boy--jewelry is not an option--give them $ to download songs to their MP3 player and they are happy

but things like a Bible, and a favorite Christmas book or two can be added to the luggage...

Be sure your electronics are in your carry on and not packed or they will disappear. Also, consider taking a Christmas stocking for your child...

We took some small ones for our steward and servers with candy and useful small items.

Christmas stocking that's a great idea. I never thought about that.

I am going to try to carry all my christmas stuff on carry on. Just in case our luggage gets misplaced.

Thank you for the stocking idea.

Archived