life jackets for an 9 month

lilbabyjayjay

Yes they have special infant life jackets. It may be in your room when you arrive or when you go to boat drill you can ask for one. Your room steward should also be able to accomodate you. They are more like a bunting bag than a typical life jacket.

This is the best time of year to buy life jackets as most stores like Target, Sam's Club... are clearancing them out. Just bought an infant and young child life jackets at Target. Normal retails $25-35 now on clearance for $4-6. They also have some really nice adult vests normal $40 now $10. You will have to look as not all Targets still have them. Look at their summer swim section. I bought them for the tender boats and for shore excursions. Good Luck! :)

Here are a couple of pictures. The one with me (mom) in it is when my son was 9 m/o. You can see how the sack goes down his legs, but his feet stick out the bottom. If I remember correctly, his arms are contained INSIDE of the sack. This was really hard to manage during muster because you are in YOUR big bulky life vest trying to hold a baby in HIS big, bulky life vest--who will end up squirming and hot. Bring something for him to play with or eat during muster.

The other one is when my son was 20 m/o and they has a small vest, not sack, for him.

The last picture is of the vests we have and plan to bring (we always bring our own vests for tenders and excursions). MTI Kids "Baybee" is what the baby is wearing and my toddler is wearing a Mustang "Lil Legends". Whichever vest you chose, make sure that it has a foam piece behind the head and a belt that comes up under the legs.

112804_0652sm.jpg.1eeafecd6021b22c6368ef366970c1e1.jpg

121005_0972sm.jpg.62a80f17c114de93dad9474ce1738dad.jpg

051107_4180sm.jpg.bb5541d4a7a62089f5fb56e33348c48a.jpg

Those were good pics, Snowflake.:D Muster is the only negative part of travelling with an infant, but sometimes, depending on the crew, they will give you a little leeway. On one cruise they had us over to the side away from the crowd and let me sit down with my sons. Another time they made me stand with my jacket on the whole time and my dh and i had to each hold a kid. Thankfully, we had some wonderful fellow passengers who took turns with the baby so we didn't get too uncomfortable.

Archived