You won't believe what our travel agent DID!

katb85

Reading all of these horror stories got me thinking about the final payment just made on my upcoming NCL cruise. The credit card payment was made to the TA not the cruise line. I did call NCL and the payment was made by the TA but a week later than the due date!!! So, am I understanding correctly that even though u book thru a TA that the credit card charge should be only to the Cruise line? There was nothing in my contract that said that. I booked thru one of the online TA's from cruise compete. So for the future, should i insist they write in my contract that all credit card payments go directly to cruiseline and not to agency? :confused:

I've been using the same TA for 10 years and probably for the last 7 any money we gave her (which was always in the form of a credit card) would show up on our statement to either an airline or cruiseline. The only time my statement said the name of the agency was if we were booking a deposit for a land vacation or trip insurance.

Well I just looked at my Credit Card bill I also booked with an online TA being my first time and it states so much is charged to the TA for insurance and just in case cancellation fee and the other is charged to the Carnival Cruise line. Also after the booking I got a confirmation number, booking number, insurance booking number and the TA stayed on the phone with me until I received my email, and did my funpass online over 2 hours on the phone with one person making sure everything was in correct order. Then I went onto Carnival.com and make sure everything else was correct and it was everything was there that was suppose to be. But next time we take a cruise I will deal direct with carnival. This is our first time so it has turned out to be an ok experience as far as theTA goes. Can't wait to get docs in mail. Sail in 29 days.

Kat

Archived