Hawaii 2009

Frankie Sue

Your advice please

We are planning a cruise to Hawaii in early 2009 and after quite a bit of research, the itineraries that interest us most are either with Celebrity Mercury or Golden Princess. Balcony and suite cabins on both ships are similar prices but I would like to have your input on the for and against of these 2 ships, best decks to be on, and anything else you think we should know.

I have come to really rely on your opinions and knowledge.

I look forward to your replies.

Frankie Sue

Your advice please

We are planning a cruise to Hawaii in early 2009 and after quite a bit of research, the itineraries that interest us most are either with Celebrity Mercury or Golden Princess. Balcony and suite cabins on both ships are similar prices but I would like to have your input on the for and against of these 2 ships, best decks to be on, and anything else you think we should know.

I have come to really rely on your opinions and knowledge.

I look forward to your replies.

Frankie Sue

Hi Frankie Sue:

You have posted your question on the Holland America board. Perhaps you might get a better response if you posted on the Princess and Celebrity boards.:) I wish you a wonderful cruise to Hawaii, no matter which cruise line you pick. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the advice…… Yes, I will post on both Princess and Celebrity but I also know that many of my fellow Holland America cruisers have travelled on those Lines also and their feedback is important to me too………. So if you know anything about these 2 Lines and ships, please tell me what you think.

I look forward to reading you

Frankie Sue

To be 100% honest I would recommend that if you are going on this cruise to "really" see Hawaii, the only cruise line to go on is NCL, and in that case I would recommend The Pride of America. They spend twice as much time in port as any of the other cruise lines and they are the only line to have 2 overnights.

Now, if you have chosen these other cruise line (both of which are great cruise lines) because you want a long cruise with a lot of sea days and only want to spend a small part of your trip in Hawaii.

Whichever you choose I hope you have a great trip.

Thanks you guys. As always I really value your opinions. And yes, psychboss, you are somewhat right. We really enjoy the sea days, and that itinerary gives us plenty. The ports are a good introduction visit to places that we may choose to visit more in details later. Sharbin1, your advise will be very carefully considered.

Will let you know what we chose when we go ahead a book.

Frankie Sue

Archived