Radisson Port Of Miami - REVIEWS ???

downby50

It was formerly the Omni, decent hotel, great chili dogs at Checkers across the street. Take a cab to Bayside you'll be fine. Always take the TA reviews with a "grain of salt", they're not the "be all and end all" when it comes to hotel reviews. ;)

We've stayed there twice. If you can get a higher room in a corner, you will have a great view of the port or city. We saw a falcon pick a pigeon out of the air and then fly to a rooftop nearby and proceed to dine! And watched 2 ships turn around in the port area (turn in a circle) to position correctly for departure later that day.

We found the front desk very accomodating.

My experience is not to pay alot of attention to the reviews on trip advisor and the like. I've read reviews there and it made me nervous and when I got to the hotel it was fine.

Enjoy! I hope the Radisson is nice because I'm staying there the end of Oct.

I always try to take the tripadvisor reviews with an extra large grain of salt, they try to figure out if what bothered the writer, would bother me as well.

We stayed at the Radisson in April with no complaints. It was clean, staff were nice, view of the port was great...The hotel area itself is a bit bleak, but close to the Carnival Center if there are any shows that night. Across the street is a Burger King & Checkers.

During the day its fine - you can take the downtown metro for free to Bayside and other areas in downtown Miami. At night, I'd recommend a cab.

We stayed at the Radisson 9/9 for one night pre cruise. I booked through hotwire and I paid a little less than $70. I called the hotel a couple days before we arrived and requested a room on the upper level with a port view. Our room was on the corner, facing the port. We had a great view. Our room was smaller than the other rooms because we were on the corner, but that did not bother us. The room was nice, the bathroom was dirty. There was hair all over the bathroom on the toilet, the floor, the sink and stuck to the mirror. The bathroom seemed more dated than the rest of the room and needed some rennovations. The pool was vey nice and perfect water temperatue. The area around the pool was not well maintained. The Radisson advertises the pool as a rooftop pool. It is actually on the 2nd or 3rd floor. We rented a car from Enterprise in FLL and drove to Miami. Enterprise has an office on the ground floor of the Radisson. Parking at the Radisson is $28 for valet (in and out as many times as you want) or $25/day for self parking in the parking garage. When we first arrived to the hotel we questioned if we were the only people staying in the hotel. It was very quiet and did not see many guests. We took the rental car down to Bayside Marketplace for lunch, big mistake, it took us awhile to find parking and then we ended up having to pay another $10 to park there. Later in the evening, just before dark, we went back to Bayside Marketplace and took the people movers. They are free and only take about 5 minutes to get down there. If being around people of another class makes you uncomfortable do not take the people movers. On the way back to the hotel from Bayside we decided to take a cab. This was a bad experience, none of the driver's wanted to take us to the Radisson because it is such a short distance they would not make any money. We had one driver actually put us in the back seat of an empty cab. He then went and got in his cab and drove off. We ended up walking back to the hotel. It was about 9pm. I felt a little unsafe on the walk back. We made reservations through the transportation office at the Radisson for a shuttle to the Port. It was $5/per person. The shuttle was provided through a company independent from the Radisson. I would say if you only have to stay one night, stay here. It was a nice hotel and I feel I got what I paid for. The employees were extremely nice and helpful. Next time we will probably stay at the Intercontinental only because it is in a better location.

Son and DIL stayed there last night. We talked to them this morning for a few minutes and they said it was nice, they got there around 10:30 Friday night, restaurant was closed but they called room service and had good burgers. They had floor to ceiling windows and a great bed - can't think of what they are called but the type that each side of the bed can be adjusted....craftmatic type???? Anyway, they said it nice.

We stayed there in mid Aug.07 , two families. We thought it was fine. The restuarant offers a wonderful breakfast. The shuttle to the port is $5 per person, just sign up the night before. It was very dependable and quick. We used the people mover which is just two blocks from the hotel, to go to Bayside Mall, but decided to take a cab back as my older inlaws felt uncomfortable on the people movers at night. They are real easy to use, and free. Its only about 6 blocks away. We caught a taxi right outside the Mall area for $8 for all 7 of us in a van. The hotel was clean, our room was on the upper level flooor to view the port. just ask for port view when booking. The beds were comfty and our bathroom was spotless. I would stay here again.

Archived