grand cayman excursions?

ssac

We are going on the Inspiration during Thanksgiving week and one of our ports is Grand Cayman. Can anyone suggest some of the better excursions? We are doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Thanks for any advice! :)

I have been to GC twice--my son and I --definately a favorite--I would recommend the Snorkeling/Rum Point/ Stingray City excursion BY NATIVEWAY---very well done --first class and reasonable--Even if you are not a water person you would love the boat ride and RUM POINT is nice and it is very hard to get to from GEORGETOWN by car and very expensive--THE SNOKELING was the 2nd best ever the blue water in CAYMAN is the the clearest I have ever seen--I also did the helemt diving in CAYMAN but they no longer do that there.

ENJOY

Chiming in for Captain Marvins. We were there last week and it stormed in GC. Our guide gave us a tour of the island to kill time, taking us to Hell and by the Tutle Farm (not inside) all for free. They rocked, and spent a lot of time with us.

Actually you can get to Rum Point fairly easy from Georgtown, it's only about a 30 minute drive(two turns) and a rental car will run you about 85 US dollars but that includes the license fee and a few other things. You do have to drive on the left side of the road but to us it is the only way to go in Grand Cayman.

If this is your first time do the reef, rum point and rays tour because the water is gorgeous and it's easier. Next time drive yourself to Rum Point and you can hit Hell and the Turtle Farm on your way back.

This is one of our favorite Islands and we often stay for a coupla weeks at a time.

Have fun!

my DS is not a particularly strong swimmer, family is novice (at best) snorkelers;) ...

just wondering if the "reef" portion of the tour might be beyond our abilities; worried as to a strong current?

There is another shorter, less expensive, tour they offer: Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens, and Star Fish Snorkel; anyone try it?

Have been to Cayman before and did Hell and Turtle Farm, Hubby did swim with the stingrays. This time around wanted to go off the beaten path. Booked a private tour for the 5 of us with Majestic

Tours to go to the other part of the island to see Millionares Row where the mansions are, some scenic stops at the Bluff and Pedros Castle, and a few hours at Rum Point Beach. :)

my DS is not a particularly strong swimmer, family is novice (at best) snorkelers;) ...

just wondering if the "reef" portion of the tour might be beyond our abilities; worried as to a strong current?

There is another shorter, less expensive, tour they offer: Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens, and Star Fish Snorkel; anyone try it?

I am not a strong swimmer and was not a fan of snorkeling until we did the Stringray City / Snorkel combo. I couldn't complain about my husband's choice...after all, I put him in charge of excursions for that trip and said, "surprise me." Well, he did with that, and I was nervous. It turned out to be AWESOME! Loved the stingray bit, and I am now a snorkeling fanatic (although still a little nervous about it) thanks to that trip. We were the last 2 back in the boat...I would recommend it to anyone.

We are going on the Inspiration during Thanksgiving week and one of our ports is Grand Cayman. Can anyone suggest some of the better excursions? We are doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Thanks for any advice! :)

Another vote for Stingray City - we used Captain Bryan's and it was great (both stingrays and the snorkeling stop).

If you have time stop at Seven Mile Beach as well.

Payd:)

My DH is not a good swimmer. He always uses a life jacket while snorkeling and it works for him. Maybe your DS would feel more comfortable in a life jacket, then you can snorkel alongside without worrying.

Payd:)

For the Stingrays, Stingray City (the sandbar) is the best. With that you get to interact a lot more with them. I have done that one both times since I wanted to take pictures too. You will be standing in waist deep water so even if you don't swim it will not be an issue.

Archived