how acceptable are jeans?

loobylouuk

Excursions no problem at all.

Unless of course you are Tony Blair or over 40 :D

It depends on where you are going I guess. In many hot places a good pair of shorts would be more comfortable - I prefer Craghoppers - comfortable, plenty of pockets, and concealed zips too.

For trousers the technical variety seem fairly popular. Lighter than Jeans they have lots of secure pockets too and those from Regatta, Columbia etc also tend to be quick dry as well as being lighter than jeans.

hi are jeans unheard of on a po cruise?....not to wear on the ship in the evenings but on excursions etc............will we be allowed on

Lou

Jeans:eek: How dare you Madam:mad:. On a P&O cruise. Never. What is the world coming to. Where are our standards. Where are your standards. Jeans!!!!!.

I Have never been so affronted in my life, my whole life has been shattered, how could this have been even suggested such a thing.

I will have to go and lie down in a darkened room, will I ever recover. I think this sort of thread should be pulled, to protect the likes of ME as I really have had a bad turn. Loobylouuk I hold you responsible.

And do not think you can bribe me, to drop this matter, with Alcohol when we meet. Although a large G&T would not go amiss.

You have devistated me

:)Happy Cruising to all except that Loobylouuk:)

:cool:

Dai

Oh the answer is ..... of course you can, why not.:D

According to some info I was reading on the P&O site smart jeans are allowed in the dinning room so that makes packing even easier now :)

Was this the P&O site or Cruise Connections. Cos if it is the latter then it is wishful thinking. There are some rogue elements on there who delight in giving this kind of duff information, on the basis that if you say it enough it will become true.

Or is Elaine0138 a rogue element?

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Smart casual

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal, for example casual separates, dresses or smart jeans for ladies and openneck shirts, polo shirts and trousers or smart jeans (not shorts) for men. Men are not required to wear jackets on Smart Casual nights. We would request that sportswear, (e.g. trainers, tracksuits and football shirts) are not worn in the evenings.

Smart casual

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal, for example casual separates, dresses or smart jeans for ladies and openneck shirts, polo shirts and trousers or smart jeans (not shorts) for men. Men are not required to wear jackets on Smart Casual nights. We would request that sportswear, (e.g. trainers, tracksuits and football shirts) are not worn in the evenings.

Very interesting, but that is not what it says in the 2008/9 brochure. The reference to Jeans is not there.

There are parts of the web site which are out of date. eg upgrades on flights to the Caribbean are shown as £300 both ways well the actual price is £198.

I know what has happened, you were looking at the section which was put in in 1947 just after the war, you know rationing and all that and they have not changed it.

Dai

Thanks Mary Jane

I knew it wasn't a figment of my imagination :)

Sorry to upset you Derek but nothing is forbidden in the dinning room, you are only requested not to wear them.

But only on the web site!!!:p

Nothing is forbidden - now there is an interesting thought!;)

Whatever they are still as rare as hens teeth and long may it be so:D.

:)Happy Cruising

Dai

Jeans are fine on P&O and you do see a number of people wearing them so not worries.

I think in the med you would only need to wear them the 1st day of your cruise if the weather is not so good.

I am in the Pro Jeans camp give them a break :D

Jeans look better than legins that some people seems to wear on cruises.

And guys that wear vest tops throw them all off at the next port.

Jeans are fine on P&O and you do see a number of people wearing them so not worries.

I think in the med you would only need to wear them the 1st day of your cruise if the weather is not so good.

I am in the Pro Jeans camp give them a break :D

Jeans look better than legins that some people seems to wear on cruises.

And guys that wear vest tops throw them all off at the next port.

But not in the dining room. (In the evening)

Dai

But not in the dining room. (In the evening)

Yes, Let's respect the dress code. It makes the whole ship so much nicer.

If people feel that jeans are necessary, or there is a need for such self expression, then there are other lines that have dumbed down.

David

Yes! Lets try and maintain standards chaps!

Our last cruise (Hong Kong to Dubai) had some very casual dress on board and it annoyed me to see people in the dining room at lunchtime showing off their hairy pits wearing vest tops and shorts. There is a notice up asking people not to wear shorts in the didning room, but we never saw anyone being asked to leave.

At least with jeans, body bits are covered up!!!

Caryl

(who LOVES to dress up nice!!!)

Gosh you'll be telling me next no flip-flops in the dinning room.

Only if they are formal flip flops (I believe our colonial cousins call them thongs! :eek: )

Of course, if you are in the "dinning" room, they would have to be very loud. :D

David

Only if they are formal flip flops (I believe our colonial cousins call them thongs! :eek: )

Of course, if you are in the "dinning" room, they would have to be very loud. :D

David

Now thongs in the dinning room is a whole different ball game!...bet some of you pando's would love that:D well as long as it was worn with a chiffon wrap and glittery broach on formals!!!!!!!!!

Dai, love your posts but am worried you've been drinking:D :D

thanks all for your replys have had good laugh

Lou

Is there not a pool that goes with jeans. I think on some lines it has become rather shallow but then again Kiss'n cousins have been the rage in many parts of the world for quite some time now.

One would have hoped that P & O would have kept the pools at a decent depth so as not to allow such carrying on.

The pre-tied are for the use of bingo callers and bunny girls.

I try to avoid the bingo and have yet to see a bunny girl aboard P&O. Am I missing something? Is it because I tie my own bow-tie?

David

Surely a true gentleman would have somebody travelling with him to tie his dickie and I am talking Tie.

All Joking aside I think its tragic the general state of dumbing down in the world today and not just in cruising but across the board.

And before anybody says another word I'm only 38 a young 38 at that I would like to add who works in the fashion industry and in normal day to day life wear jeans often.

Maybe becuase I work in casual young enviroment and don't have to dress for work I like to make a little effort when away.

I don't see why certian standards should not be maintian aboard a ship if I had my way Jeans would be band in the evenings altogether on the more traditional cruise lines.

Fine if some cruise lines want to go casual and offer what they often call an informal relaxed freestyle cruise format great / and if people want to chill in the evenings in shorts and wraps or jeans then let them sail with these companies.

Every body cruises for different reason I suspect and I feel the cruise lines would do better to identify there core cutomers requirements and stick to a formats and standards that best suit the majority of there passenger list and leave other cruise passengers to go off and find alternatives.

As a very wise man once said if you try to please everybody you often please nobody.

I have now taken 7 cruises and prefer the more traditional style of the likes of P&O and Cunard.

I have no desire to try RCL, NCL, Carnival or any other freestyles cruise becuase I know its not for me. ( also having now tried the Arcadia without children I prefer my hol's without them simple as that )

I just hope that as the sector of cruising gets bigger it does not lead to a general drop in over all standards of service and the expereince that has made me love cruising. I already fear that to find the level of service and expereince I ultimately desire I'm restricted to the likes of Holland & America, Cunard and Silverseas. ( All the higher price end of the market ) of well back to drawing board to sketch up some more glam Ladies heels for all those lovely ladies that like to dress and make an occassion of dinner aboard a cruise ship.

Keep buying the shoes ladies its paying for my cruises

soletread

Archived