New Here & to Cruisin' (kinda long)

Tke-n-Tink

Hey all -

New to the CCMB - hubby and I went on our first cruise last October and enjoyed it so much that we are taking the kids and my parents on a cruise in November.

We did a little research and have decided that this was the perfect year to cruise with our kids given the age range of 16-6. They will actually be in thier "own" clubs - but I am a litle concerned about that, my boys are used to "hangin" out together so this will be a "new" experience for them as well as the cruise. and my 2 oldest are used to doing things together as well - does any "experienced" cruiser(s) have any idea about how to handle this situation or should we just "go with the flow" so to speak?

I am excited about traveling with my parents - this past year has been to say the least filled with many many stressful happenings so I am looking forward to a little (no make that A LOT) of R&R and just some basic me time -

So any and all information would be greatly appreciated and any "helpful" tips along the way - maybe some hints as to which previous posts I should take a gaze at or some "inside" information.

I will say that we are WDW people at heart and we were so used to have things to do all day everyday that we were VERY apprehensive when we took our first cruise - fearing "nothing to do" syndrome - well were't we in for a great surprise - we are now converts and gladly add cruisin' to our bi-annual vacation plans.

Well thanks in advance - looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Welcome. I can't offer you much advice other than to keep perusing the boards and you'll gain lots of useful information. If you have questions specific to sailing with your kids, you may find the family board particulary helpful. From what I've read, Carnival is usually pretty strict about separating the kids into the appropriate age groups, but if you're sailing around Thanksgiving time in November, there will likely be many other children on board for your kids to make friends with. I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

We have cruised with the kids and some years their birthdays work out so they are grouped together and sometimes they are in different groups. It always seems to work out fine. On R.C. they allowed us to move my oldest 12 at the time to the teen group, the kids in her origional group were 8 and 9 so it was a better fit to move her up. They were very accomodating and said as long as the kids camp is not packed they can move kids to different groups if it is better for the kids. I think in most of the teen programs the kids can sign themselves in and out (if you give the ok) and it is less structured. It is more like a losely supervised hang out session. Your oldest will probably like that. We always found the staff at the camps WONDERFUL. Your kids will have a great time, and you can enjoy time with your spouse, Mom and Dad. My kids are hardly even with us when we cruise, they eat breakfast as fast as they can and then rush us so they can get to camp, we pick them up for lunch and then they beg us to allow them to eat dinner with their group !!!!.

Thank you all so much - I have been perusing the website and finding it very easy to navigate thru - I guess one question I have about the site is the "Members Only" Cruise threads and the "Roll Call" threads - I did post a quick thread on the Carnival Miracle Thread - we are going over Thanksgiving - I am so excited - I am on pins and needles - I think I may have to get a second job just to make the time fly!!!!

Thank you all so much - I have been perusing the website and finding it very easy to navigate thru - I guess one question I have about the site is the "Members Only" Cruise threads and the "Roll Call" threads - I did post a quick thread on the Carnival Miracle Thread - we are going over Thanksgiving - I am so excited - I am on pins and needles - I think I may have to get a second job just to make the time fly!!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

did I hear you say that you are going on the Miracle? :p You are going to absolutely love that ship. We sailed on her in June. Excellent crew that provide fabulous service. I would sail the Miracle again in a heartbeat. We had a blast. :D

Archived