ABC Stores, do they sell Wine ect?

eringg

OK, so what about the under-21 folks, specifically kids? Do ABC stores also sell juice boxes/pouches? Bottled water? Thanks! :)

Yes, and about everything else you can imagine....all kinds of drinks for kids, snacks, food, towels, jewelry, souveniers and trinkets of all kinds, t-shirts....the list goes on and on....:eek: :eek:.

Yes, and about everything else you can imagine....all kinds of drinks for kids, snacks, food, towels, jewelry, souveniers and trinkets of all kinds, t-shirts....the list goes on and on....:eek: :eek:.

Great! Thanks for the info. Personally, I've already fallen in love with the ABC Stores, and we haven't even been to Hawaii yet. We had a luau/planning party for my family in July, and I ordered door prizes from the ABC Store catalog. Great stuff and good prices. I'll probably order a few more things before we actually travel in June. I can't wait to see it for myself. :) Thanks again!

I have been to Hawaii 12 tiimes on land vacations and I can guarantee you that the ABC stores have everything.:D A great place to shop for souveniers especially in Honolulu where I swear they are on every block and as someone mentioned above there are two sometimes in a block.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

How's the quality of the things they sell? Cheapie or not bad? I like stores like this, one stop shopping for gifts for the family.

I can't wait to shop there myself:D . I got to wait until January though:( .

How's the quality of the things they sell? Cheapie or not bad? I like stores like this, one stop shopping for gifts for the family.

I can't wait to shop there myself:D . I got to wait until January though:( .

I haven't been to the stores in person yet, but the stuff I ordered online was nice. My dad got a set of 10 Hawaii keychains for $6.99, and they're just like the ones he typically pays $2-3 each to bring home as souvenirs. We also ordered a velour towel a Hawaii map tote bag and some other things which were all of good quality. I can only assume that this is representative of the other things in their stores.

I haven't been to the stores in person yet, but the stuff I ordered online was nice. My dad got a set of 10 Hawaii keychains for $6.99, and they're just like the ones he typically pays $2-3 each to bring home as souvenirs. We also ordered a velour towel a Hawaii map tote bag and some other things which were all of good quality. I can only assume that this is representative of the other things in their stores.

Thanks for the info! I will definately check them out!:D

We found the quality of items at the ABC stores to be good. We bought Mauna Loa chocolate macademia nuts, kukui nut bracelets, souvenier pins, t-shirt, costume jewelry, christmas ornaments, camera memory cards etc. (can you tell I love to shop!!;) )

We've been home for over a month and everything is still intact.

I would definitely shop there again.

I've read that you can get a gift or discount by saving ABC receipts?

Anyone have details?

Their website (www.abcstores.com) mentions a free calendar with online purchases totalling $100?

Save all your receipts and on the last stop you can turn them in and you will get a free calendar or a free coffee mug. I think it's a free gift for every $100.00 you spend. Also a good place to pick up some gifts to take home are the Walmart stores in port. Then have a small section in each store that has all kinds of stuff.

Save all your receipts and on the last stop you can turn them in and you will get a free calendar or a free coffee mug. I think it's a free gift for every $100.00 you spend. Also a good place to pick up some gifts to take home are the Walmart stores in port. Then have a small section in each store that has all kinds of stuff.

Thanks ASue!

• 4 weeks later...
I've never purchased a bottle of wine in the states before, could someone tell me a rough price for a mid to low-end (we aren't that sophisticated :)) bottle of red?

thanks!

Donna-Lee

You can purchase a lower end bottle on the mainland for about $8.00. You can purchase a pretty decent bottle for a little more...between $12.00 and $15.00. Of course, the sky is the limit.

In Hawaii, prices seemed a bit higher but you can find a decent bottle for about $20.00. I'm sure there are some good local wines that are less expensive such as the pineapple wine on Maui.

we bought decent red in the ABC store for about $12. and on the ship about $24 was the least expensive but it was good. I can't remember is there was an ABC store at the near, lots of shops and I am sure there must be one within walking distance.

As far as bringing on board, you can bring wine and declare it and pay a corkage fee to have it opened. Check around on the board for other solutions.

No one answered the question regarding taking it on board?? Can you??:D

I take my wine in the carryon when embarking; visiting a port, I carry the wine in a shopping bag when boarding.

Once, I observed a passenger wheeling a carton of wine on a luggage dolly.

No one answered the question regarding taking it on board?? Can you??:D

I depends entirely on the cruise line. There is no single answer to this question.

On NCL, yes you can bring it onboard and pay a $15 per bottle "corkage" fee (which you pay when you board, no matter where you plan to drink it on the ship). On RCI, you used to be able to bring a small amount of wine for onboard consumption and you only paid a corkage fee if you brought it to the dining room. Now, all alcohol, including wine, is confiscated and held until the end of the cruise. The rules on Carnival, Princess, HAL, etc. are unique to those cruise lines, and I'm not sure what the current rules are.

beachchick

Archived