Extended Stay vs La Quinta - Ft Lauderdale

Beth & Rob

I've seen recommendations for both the Extended Stay on 17th (high marks from Beguia) and also La Quinta Airport on N. 26th in Hollywood.

Seems Extended Stay is a few dollars cheaper. I will call them in the am to see if they offer shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port.

We are staying 2 nights pre cruise and 2 nights post cruise.

Is one hotel more preferred than the other? IF so, why? Are there things to do and see that are more easily accessed from one hotel more than the other?

For Feb/Mar 08.

We have stayed at the LQ. Free pickup at FLL, great room, really nice collection of menus from places that deliver (the Italian place was GREAT!!!)

free shuttle to the pier (Everglades, not Miami). Would do it again in a heartbeat!

I think the LQ is the best choice for us.....when you start adding the costs of shuttles to and from both pre/post cruise and there are 2 couples, coming and going from the airport at different times..plus add breakfast in the am, (for Extended Stay) it works out much better financial sense to stay at LQ.

Appreciate the info to help me feel I'd made the right choice.

Archived