Winnie the Pooh on Magic?

Tedimed

WHAAAAAAAAAAH! Pooh's my favorite, too! Guess I'll just have to go visit him in the parks first. Wonder why they don't have any Pooh characters onboard? Don't want to take away from Mickey and the gang?

(Last time I was at WDW we did the Crystal Palace character breakfast just so I could spend quality time with Pooh. :p )

Eeyore's better!!!! :p

I read somewhere on one of the threads that it has something to do with licensing. Winnie & friends weren't Disney, originally, so they probably only have limited licensing rights.

I don't think that that's the case. The more Disney uses Pooh, the more money Stephen Slesinger makes. I don't think that Slesinger would object.

I heard that Norovirus is transferred by Pooh. if that's the case, it's wise to keep him off of the ship.

I think it's mostly due to 2 things:

1) Pooh & Co. tend to apply to a younger set of kids - which tend not to be as pervasive as the older ones, since under 3 is trickier on board due to limitations on the amount of time at Flounder's etc...

2) Basic cost - Disney has so many characters now that they have to 'pick and choose' when it comes to something like the cruises... because for every character you have to have a CM and 2 costumes on board, just in case something happens to one while at sea.

If you get outside Mickey & Co, the princesses, and a handful of others (Lilo & Stitch and Cap'n Jack Sparrow are at least both nautical/tropical) you start trying to figure out where to stop...

Is Pooh more of a draw than say, Toy Story?

It's sad, b/c we like Pooh too, but I think it kind of makes sense from a DCL perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to Friend of Eeyore: Thanks so much for sharing your photos... those were GREAT! There are a couple of us who have booked on the Royal next Dec (08) and have a set of balcony suites on the stern for a 14 day "Caribbean Calypso". We have not sailed on the Royal before and your photos gave us a great chance to preview the ship. Your Suite was super too. I noticed you got a tour of the Bridge. Was this something done for you, or did you sign-up for the tour? Looked like fun.

Again, thanks!

Hi to Friend of Eeyore: Thanks so much for sharing your photos... those were GREAT! There are a couple of us who have booked on the Royal next Dec (08) and have a set of balcony suites on the stern for a 14 day "Caribbean Calypso". We have not sailed on the Royal before and your photos gave us a great chance to preview the ship. Your Suite was super too. I noticed you got a tour of the Bridge. Was this something done for you, or did you sign-up for the tour? Looked like fun.

Again, thanks!

The only way I know of to get a bridge tour on Princess is to: 1) order one of the special packages (honeymoon/anniversary) that includes a bridge tour, or 2) write a letter to the captain on-board, deliver it to the purser's desk, and hope.

I wrote a nice letter to the Captain, letting him know of our desire for the tour, personalized it a little, and sent it on. Another couple toured with us; they had also written a letter. A day or so later, we got a phone call, and then the bridge tour on the second sea day. I wrote the letter the first morning; I'd write it as soon as possible. It was great fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a HUGE Pooh fan and on our first DCL cruise Dbf decided I deserved to meet pooh because he was having a great time. Guest services told him that Pooh and his friends live in the 100 acre woods and are not comforable on the ocean, so they do not come on the disney ships. I thought it was TOO cute.

I am a HUGE Pooh fan and on our first DCL cruise Dbf decided I deserved to meet pooh because he was having a great time. Guest services told him that Pooh and his friends live in the 100 acre woods and are not comforable on the ocean, so they do not come on the disney ships. I thought it was TOO cute.

That IS too cute!!! ;)

Archived