Pinneys Beach

Guzutch

What is the best way to get to Pinneys Beach? I will be on the Crown Princess in November, and the ship has an excursion to Pinneys Beach but it seems expensive.:eek: I would maybe like to take a Catamaran over.

Any assistance is appreciated.

What is the best way to get to Pinneys Beach? I will be on the Crown Princess in November, and the ship has an excursion to Pinneys Beach but it seems expensive.:eek: I would maybe like to take a Catamaran over.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Pinney's is a beautiful beach located in Nevis. You can take the public ferry from Basseterre to Charlestown, Nevis and then hire a taxi driver to take you to the beach. I highly recommend visiting Chevy's Beach Bar. http://www.myspace.com/chevys_calypso_bar

Make sure you leave enough time to get back to your cruise ship! The ferry times are subject to change.

Here's a copy of my post from a year or so ago...

When leaving the ship at St. Kitts, walk out of the secured pier area from the dock, through the shops at the pier complex to the first street (Bay Road?) Turn left and continue walking on the sidewalk until you get to a green-roofed shelter area with some green snackette shops. You can't see this shelter from the ship, but it's just before you get to a bright blue-roofed building which you *can* see from the ship. (If the ferry is in, you'll be able to see it at the ferry dock, as well.)

The ticket booth is at the far side of the shelter. There was no one working at the booth when we arrived, but she got there in time for the ferry. First you'll pay 50 cents customs and receive a receipt. Then, you'll pay $20 ECU or $8 USD for a one-way ticket. If you pay with USD, expect to get ECU in change. Buy a one-way ticket, so you're free to use any ferry operator on the return trip. (Just use the ECU change to pay the return fare or cab fare at Nevis.)

We used the Carib Surf (there) and Carib Queen (Back), both of which took about 45 minutes to reach Nevis. There is seating on this ferry both in the A/C'd area below deck or up above. The first ferry leaves around 8, the next around 9:30 a.m.

When you get to Nevis, there is a small town at the dock called Charlestown. Walk out of the pier area, and there are taxis waiting. We used a driver named Stedroy Dore ("Smiles for Me" Taxi.) He was great and I really recommend him. You can find his contact info here:

http://www.nevis1.com/stedroy-dore-taxi-service.html

We took the taxi to Sunshine's bar/beach, which was Heaven on Earth until the crushing crowds of two fully-loaded snorkling tours arrived (11:30 or so.) If you get there early, it will be quiet and beautiful, and you'll have Sunshine's all to yourself. I believe the taxi was $8 each way for two of us. It's right next door to the Four Seasons resort.

To get back, check the ferry schedules on the ferry booths before you leave the pier when you arrive. There's a noon ferry, 1:30 and 4:00, same price - various ferry operators depending on the time and day of the week.

Have fun!

Archived