All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Actually, now that Im thinking about it...it was the bathroom that was closest to the upstairs of the dining room. It was in the lounge that the jazz band played in...where the art gallery was. Although I wouldnt be surprised if others were haunted. Those hand dryers had a mind of their own!

Got to love that pic. First time I used one of the hand dryers I was completely``blown away.''

Believe it or not my DH, who is in restaurant management, is actually asking his company to install these hand dryers in the company's restaurants.

I thought the dryers were totally fun and felt that they were far better than other hand drying alternatives I've seen on other ships - restaurants - or any other public venue.

Dianne

The strongest hand dryers were last year in Fort San Christobel in San Juan. It was like the wind scene from Indiana Jones where the skin was blown away from the skeleton.

Sorry if this has been addressed before...it appears to be a long thread, and I will begin to read it, but it may take a while.

Anyway, here it is.

Thought I would check with the pro's here on CC!!!!!!:p

Are the aft balconies the same size on decks 4, 5, or 6? Or do they differ and how? Considering going on the miracle and aready have a price for extended balcony on deck 6, but if the aft balconies are the same size on all three decks but the lower levels are differnt in price, we may consider them instead!

countdown.pl?name=enjoyinglife&date=2-2-2008&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Carnival%20Triumph

Are the aft balconies the same size on decks 4, 5, or 6? Or do they differ and how? Considering going on the miracle and aready have a price for extended balcony on deck 6, but if the aft balconies are the same size on all three decks but the lower levels are differnt in price, we may consider them instead!

deck 4 is covered- deck 5 somewhat covered- the laudry room is directly across the hall from these cabins.

I prefer deck 6 as it gets me closer to the waters--away from public areas.

deck 6 balcony;

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

I have a question about the Cat. 11's on deck 6 mid ship.

We are the second or 3rd Cat. 11 midship. I see that there are cabins forward of these cabins that stick out further than the Cat. 11's. Is it better to be back further if one is available (we are 4 in a cat. 11 so they are limited)? Is also looks like the life boats are below us do these get in the way of the view.

Thanks for any advice.

I have a question about the Cat. 11's on deck 6 mid ship.

We are the second or 3rd Cat. 11 midship. I see that there are cabins forward of these cabins that stick out further than the Cat. 11's. Is it better to be back further if one is available (we are 4 in a cat. 11 so they are limited)? Is also looks like the life boats are below us do these get in the way of the view.

Thanks for any advice.

I've read a few reviews where people were real close to the non-recessed part and had a problem with it. For me I'd book as center as possible so I don't feel like a wall was next to me. As far as the boats......some don't mind because it's the looking down view...........for us, we love the waves against the hull and book to avoid......what is important to you?

ENJOY!!

marvel99.jpg

I've read a few reviews where people were real close to the non-recessed part and had a problem with it. For me I'd book as center as possible so I don't feel like a wall was next to me. As far as the boats......some don't mind because it's the looking down view...........for us, we love the waves against the hull and book to avoid......what is important to you?

ENJOY!!

marvel99.jpg

Thank you for the pictures and diagrams. This is a great picture :D . We are back a few from the non-recessed cabins so I think that we will be fine. I do like to look down and see the water but it is not a "deal breaker" for me. Looking out at the ocean from a balcony chair is great for me!

We prefer starboard side leaving from NYC and it looks like there is only one port side available so we will keep what we have.

enjoyinglife. I hope this works. I have tried to attach a picture of the Miracle's aft for you. I have never done this before so ??????

Hey thanks, it did work and I got to see a cabin we are considering. I cant wait till I have enough time to read this whole thread since we are considering the Miracle next February. Right now, I am still trying to catch up on work from when I got off the Triumph last saturday.

deck 4 is covered- deck 5 somewhat covered- the laudry room is directly across the hall from these cabins.

I prefer deck 6 as it gets me closer to the waters--away from public areas.

deck 6 balcony;

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Is this an extended balcony? I have never wanted an aft cabin before because of the extra sun (I get enough direct sun on the beach days) but may consider one now. We are considering an aft extended balcony (non suite) or 6232 with the long balcony.

I thought that i may try the deck 4 aft if it is extended and more shady, and cheaper than 6232. I have a call in to my PVP right now re: prices.

if there is only 2 people I wouldnt take the chance of booking 6232. i holds 4 people and you take a chance of being changed out of the cabin--or it not being available.

Going up one deck and look at 7258 which holds 2 people--or go to he next deck to0

if there is only 2 people I wouldnt take the chance of booking 6232. i holds 4 people and you take a chance of being changed out of the cabin--or it not being available.

Going up one deck and look at 7258 which holds 2 people--or go to he next deck to0

We are at three, possibly 4 in the cabin. Would you still move? Or take the aft?

hey avshockey, i know jfk and la guardia can be a traffic hell nightmare. i think your best bet is newark/ and a cab.. the port is not liberty, that's bayonne, nj..

it's in NYC , the "west side highway" i believe the address is 55 th st and 12th ave.. (aka west side hwy) in manhattan. call carnival at 1800- carnival and get the exact port address.. i'm sure the cabby's are familiar w/ the city.. have fun.:cool:

Going back to the hand dryers in the bathroom for a minute (sorry, I was off for a few days), this is what NOT to do:

I was not very nice one day on the Miracle and I for some stupid reason told a friend of mine (after she had quite a few drinks) to stick her head under the dryer and see what it would do to her hair. It made the most unbelievable bun (funny one, not a nice one) in a matter of seconds. I have to play with the picture so I can delete her face and just get the hair. I will post it after I do that. She would kill me if I put her face on here.

We are at three, possibly 4 in the cabin. Would you still move? Or take the aft?

for 3 of you-- take the 6232 one-

(i dont know if the aft cabins sleep 4 people..and very few sleep 3-

6232 balcony:

293682914RhfvOj_th.jpg

aft balcony

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

I am considering taking the Miracle out of New York. Can you tell me where the cruise port is located? Is it at Port Liberty? And which airport is best to fly into? LGA is much cheaper than NJ or JKF. Thanks for the info.

hey avshockey, i know jfk and la guardia can be a traffic hell nightmare. i think your best bet is newark/ and a cab.. the port is not liberty, that's bayonne, nj..

it's in NYC , the "west side highway" i believe the address is 55 th st and 12th ave.. (aka west side hwy) in manhattan. call carnival at 1800- carnival and get the exact port address.. i'm sure the cabby's are familiar w/ the city.. have fun.:cool:

Yes, it's 55th and 12th Avenue. Like yeahbaby said, Newark is definitely your best bet.

Newark is your best bet, but if there is a huge price difference, then you should fly into LGA -- if you're going to be flying in the day before, you can take the extra $$ you save towards the hotel room you're going to need anyway.

for 3 of you-- take the 6232 one-

(i dont know if the aft cabins sleep 4 people..and very few sleep 3-

6232 balcony:

293682914RhfvOj_th.jpg

aft balcony

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Thanks, that's the one we want. I thought there may be a bigger difference in price for the 8c and the 8e than what there is. Since the difference is not greater, it really pays to try for 6232.

You have been on many cruises. In your experience, what are the main differences between the Miracle (spirit class) and the Conquest, Victory, and Triumph, which are very close in design? I have been on all three of the last ones and like that size / style ship. My family likes walking on the ship and already feeling comfortable with the lay out of the ship. This one is really different.

Yes, there is a huge price difference, $500 for the 4 of us. I think I will take the traffic at LGA for that. I really appreciate everyone who answered. It really helps me out. I can't wait to sail past the Statue of Liberty. That is the only reason I want to sail out of New York.

Archived