All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

, Sister and 17 month old niece). .

Make sure someone takes your niece to the camp between the hours of noon to 2pm daiily. Camp is closed but opened to the under two set with a parent.

We were able to spend some pent up energy during that time with my 18 month old grand daughter every day.

Thanks for the helpful information. I always like to be prepared. No, I have not joined the roll call yet, I guess I didn't even look to see if there was one yet. My husband always sees me on the boards and goes "again??" I try not to be on too long, it just makes me want to take more cruises. If I was mean and left the 2 kids at home, I could afford to go on more.

I had to laugh when I read the last post --- my husband was just rolling his eyes at me tonight as I was reading information to him aloud. Usually he just ignores me -- but when I mentioned Nick and Nora's menu --- he became very interested.

I hadn't thought about taking Miss Liv (my niece) to Camp Carnival in the early afternoons --- but that is a great idea. My sister - would probably really appreciate the time to sit on deck and relax and I could take both kids for playtime. Our son will be turning 30 on the cruise -- but developmentally is around 2 so they are developementally very close. It's strange to see her at 15 months now starting to advance in some areas more then our son. We're going to have an amazing time.

How are the shows in the biggest theatre? My son has been the Lighting Tech on the Miracle since January... He says they have great lighting set ups and pyrotechnics, etc... I'm dying to go... have been watching this board and all the great pics... have to wait until he's been with Carnival for 6 months before we get discounts! It looks great...

Just off the Miracle last thursday, Don't miss the Beatles tribute show(Ticket to ride)...We left Ft. Lauderdale in a downpour last thursday, They got 3.3 inches of rain..sat in plane for 1 hour and 45 minutes waiting to take off, wonder how many people missed the sailing because of diverted flights...Zip-line excursion in St Lucia was one of the best excursions I have ever taken......Dennis

I will be going on the Miracle next month (San Juan, St. Thomas & Tortolla) what side of the ship is on the port side?

the port side of the ship is the left side.

The ship will dock on either side depending on when you arrive--when you leave and how many ships are in port.

In one port you could be docked on the port side-- and nextr port is the starboard side. Do NOT book your cabin based on how you will park in port

I still need some more suggestions about our flight for NY cruise on the Miracle. It seems like everyone suggested flying to EWR but what is the cheapest and fastest way to the port? Is it about 80miles to get their? We finally started taking a cab for recent cruises rather than Carnival transportation and loved it. I'm getting nervous about how I'm going to get to the port in NY and how, mainly because I'm with my MOM.:eek:

Would a flight leaving at 11:42am from EWR to home be OK? That flight is nonstop and would help us get home alot earlier. We can get off the ship first but would that time be safe? Carnival always says the earliest flight back should be 1:00pm and I know we get back to port at 9:00am, not like normal time at 8:00. But what is the earliest other cruisers have flown home after NY cruise?:D

Thanks,

Cassandra

I still need some more suggestions about our flight for NY cruise on the Miracle. It seems like everyone suggested flying to EWR but what is the cheapest and fastest way to the port? Is it about 80miles to get their? We finally started taking a cab for recent cruises rather than Carnival transportation and loved it. I'm getting nervous about how I'm going to get to the port in NY and how, mainly because I'm with my MOM.:eek:

Would a flight leaving at 11:42am from EWR to home be OK? That flight is nonstop and would help us get home alot earlier. We can get off the ship first but would that time be safe? Carnival always says the earliest flight back should be 1:00pm and I know we get back to port at 9:00am, not like normal time at 8:00. But what is the earliest other cruisers have flown home after NY cruise?:D

Thanks,

Cassandra

The fastest way is through EWR. The port is on the west side of Manhattan, facing NJ. EWR is in NJ. If you go to LGA or JFK which are in Queens and technically located on Long Island, that will bring you into the east side of Manhattan and you will have to go crosstown. The traffic in Manhattan is horrible. Trust me, I'm a native NYer and the best way is to fly into Newark.

Can't help you with the times of the flights cause I just took a cab over to the terminal but I think that 11:42 is cutting it very close. If I were you, I would make it a couple hours later.

Thanks,

Cassandra

What day is the cruise leaving? Its a saturday, correct? There is not much cross town traffic on a Saturday morning if you get in early enough. You really should try to get to the pier by 10am.. that way you beat most of the crowd on line (you will still have to wait).. and remember there are other ships coming and going.. the pier is very crowded

What day is the cruise leaving? Its a saturday, correct? There is not much cross town traffic on a Saturday morning if you get in early enough. You really should try to get to the pier by 10am.. that way you beat most of the crowd on line (you will still have to wait).. and remember there are other ships coming and going.. the pier is very crowded

Hey Toni :D

I still think her best bet would be to go out of Newark. Much closer.

Hey Toni :D

I still think her best bet would be to go out of Newark. Much closer.

Hi Sandi!

I didnt think it was closer...

LaGuardia is closer by 4 miles.. lol!Its basically luck of the draw on travel day

John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)

(20 miles to Manhattan Cruise Terminal)Building 14

Jamaica, NY 11430

(718) 244-4444 or (800) 247-7433

JFK Airport website

La Guardia Airport (LGA)

(11 miles to Manhattan Cruise Terminal)

Flushing, NY 11371

(718) 533-3400

La Guardia Airport website

Newark International Airport (ERW)

(15 miles to Manhattan Cruise Terminal)

Tower Road, Building Ten

Newark, NJ 07114, USA

(973) 961-6000 or (888) EWR-INFO

Newark Airport website

The cruise is leaving on a Monday. I am getting off the ship that day. I personally think that 11:42 is cutting it way too close.

What airline are you looking at? Continental's normal recommended checkin time at Newark is 2 hours. I have seen security take an hour. A Monday is a heavy travel day for business travelers. Would book the later flight and try to get there early and change the flight to the earlier one. Don't run the risk of missing it.

What time is the next flight?

11:42 with your mom -- you didnt say if she is "slow" or easy to manage.

(or I missed it somehow)

Monday is gonna be rough getting to the airport traffic wise.

IF you are one of the first off carrying your own luggage-- it might be doable. BUT you jsut had a nice relaxing vacation and all that relax state will be ruined trying to catch that flight.

I suggest a nice quiet breakfast in the dining room on that morning..and take your time getting to the airport. You can be one of the last off the ship by 10am and not fight the hordes looking for luggage.

We are leaving on Monday June 2 and back on Tuesday June 10.

We are leaving on Monday June 2 and back on Tuesday June 10.

OOH its a Monday.. Crosstown traffic is tough...

lots of streets are No Turn streets.. (trying to ease traffic)

Its your call.. you can fly into Newark or LGA... LGA is slightly closer

Is there anychance you can come in Sunday night? If i were you, whatever you do.. plan it to try to get to the pier by 10Am...

The cruise is leaving on a Monday. I am getting off the ship that day. I personally think that 11:42 is cutting it way too close.

What airline are you looking at? Continental's normal recommended checkin time at Newark is 2 hours. I have seen security take an hour. A Monday is a heavy travel day for business travelers. Would book the later flight and try to get there early and change the flight to the earlier one. Don't run the risk of missing it.

Yeah you guys are probalby right. The 11:42 is early especially when we travel this length in bad traffic.

Monday morning in NY/NJ? theres traffic everywhere!

Plan for the unexpected! You have tons of traffic on the NJ Turnpike, Tunnel Traffic, Manhattan Traffic, BQE or LIE or whatever highway in Queens you take there will be traffic.. Leave early! AND dont fret! YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

It took me two hours this morning to get from Huntington, NY to Madison and 49th. that was leaving at 8am for a 10am meeting.

Without traffic, this trip is about 45 minutes.

Rush Hour in this area of the country stinks. There is just no other way to term it. Allow for extra travel time, and then double the time you think it's going to take, just to make sure.

It took me two hours this morning to get from Huntington, NY to Madison and 49th. that was leaving at 8am for a 10am meeting.

Without traffic, this trip is about 45 minutes.

Rush Hour in this area of the country stinks. There is just no other way to term it. Allow for extra travel time, and then double the time you think it's going to take, just to make sure.

I used to live in Huntington!! I LOVE THE VILLAGE

What time is the next flight?

11:42 with your mom -- you didnt say if she is "slow" or easy to manage.

(or I missed it somehow)

Monday is gonna be rough getting to the airport traffic wise.

IF you are one of the first off carrying your own luggage-- it might be doable. BUT you jsut had a nice relaxing vacation and all that relax state will be ruined trying to catch that flight.

I suggest a nice quiet breakfast in the dining room on that morning..and take your time getting to the airport. You can be one of the last off the ship by 10am and not fight the hordes looking for luggage.

My Mom always makes sure we have plenty of time before whatever is planned, she's smart.

The next flight I'm looking at is 2:30pm. That's not to late to take and don't have to worry missing the 11:42. Thanks so much for all your help.

Sandi: Thanks alot for the airport addresses and etc.

Archived