All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Good Morning

I am on the August 21st sailing with my sons. I was scanning through the post (too many pages) because I thought I had posted on this thread. I am trying to find out if the Miracle has a basketball court and if my son can bring his basketball.

Good Morning

I am on the August 21st sailing with my sons. I was scanning through the post (too many pages) because I thought I had posted on this thread. I am trying to find out if the Miracle has a basketball court and if my son can bring his basketball.

They do have a basketball court, but I'm not sure if it's full size. I would guess that they have basketballs to use on the ship so your son doesn't have to bring his own.

They do have a basketball court, but I'm not sure if it's full size. I would guess that they have basketballs to use on the ship so your son doesn't have to bring his own.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

He was concerned that he wouldn't know where to get the ball or being responsible if something happens to it.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

He was concerned that he wouldn't know where to get the ball or being responsible if something happens to it.

You would have to contact Carnival about where to get the ball. I know that for miniature golf you get the clubs and balls by the pool area.

He is right about being responsible for the ball. If you don't bring it back you will most likely be charged for it.

Thanks so much for starting this thread! It's funny that you say that this was your favorite cruise - I have heard that from a lot of folks. The Carnival rep whom my mom spoke to when she booked us on the Miracle for 2/9/09 told her that this was his very favorite of all of the cruises. The more I hear this kind of feedback, the more anxious I am to go!:D This is the first time I have ever found myself wishing away the Summer!

I keep reading that the cabin refrigerators are more like "coolers". Should someone traveling with insulin request a better refrigerator?

there isnt a "better refrigerator to be had... but my dads stuff as fine.

It was better to leave it there then visit the pursers desk each day.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! My SO and I are going on the Miracle (first CCL trip for both of us) in August, and the info on these pages is terrific.

We went big, with a cat 11 wrap-around on the Verandah deck :D . It seems like it's going to be a great room, balcony and ship!

Thanks again for everyone's contributions!

NSN

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! My SO and I are going on the Miracle (first CCL trip for both of us) in August, and the info on these pages is terrific.

We went big, with a cat 11 wrap-around on the Verandah deck :D . It seems like it's going to be a great room, balcony and ship!

NSN

Welcome to Cruise critic and Carnival. You really are going to love the Miracle. And to have one of those aft wrap cabins....how wonderful!!!!! :D

Feel free to ask questions, and any one of us will be be glad to help you.:)

Hey I was on the Spirit that day. I couldn't get the story straight on which ship hit the pier, if any.

Made for a very long debarkation for those folks getting off. Made for an even longer wait for those of us (including me) who were trying to get on.

NSN

Congrats on your cruise! You'll love the Miracle. Here's a link with info about the Miracle and pictures of one of the exact cabins you'll be in, cabin 8273

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

What a great thread! It took me 3 days to read every post. We are sailing on the Miracle next month and I have a few questions.

Are there self-service ice machines on the stateroom decks?

Do all the balcony dividers open? We have booked two adjoining 8H cabins on the panorama deck and want to open the divider to create one large balcony.

This will be our 2nd carnival cruise. Do we still get invited to the past guest party or do you get invited after your 2nd cruise?

This is the first time I have signed up for electronic documents. Will we receive anything in the mail? if not, how and when do we print luggage tags and boarding passes?

How is the AC in the cabins?

Thanks.

What a great thread! It took me 3 days to read every post. We are sailing on the Miracle next month and I have a few questions.

Are there self-service ice machines on the stateroom decks?

Do all the balcony dividers open? We have booked two adjoining 8H cabins on the panorama deck and want to open the divider to create one large balcony.

This will be our 2nd carnival cruise. Do we still get invited to the past guest party or do you get invited after your 2nd cruise?

This is the first time I have signed up for electronic documents. Will we receive anything in the mail? if not, how and when do we print luggage tags and boarding passes?

How is the AC in the cabins?

Thanks.

Ice, not self service, just ask your steward for ice, we keep a small cooler in the room and they keep it full, just have to ask.

Most balcony doors do unlock, just ask when you arrive. I hear they limit the number of balcony doors that can be opened, so ask early.

Past guest: As long as your past guest # is in your booking you should get an invite. Free drinks and a pin.

Electronic docs requested: you do not get paper docs.

A/C: It was great on Legend (sister ship) can only assume same for Miracle.

Enjoy the cruise, post a review on return, we sail Miracle in February:)

What time do you suggest we get to the pier for embarkation? Would arriving later(2-3pm) be better since we will be traveling with a 17 month old? I'm not sure how my son will tolerate being in line for a long time. We are leaving from NYC in September.

Congrats on your cruise! You'll love the Miracle. Here's a link with info about the Miracle and pictures of one of the exact cabins you'll be in, cabin 8273

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Thanks for the link - your website is alot of fun. Loads of information, and great pictures of the cabin. We definitely can't wait now...

NSN

What time do you suggest we get to the pier for embarkation? Would arriving later(2-3pm) be better since we will be traveling with a 17 month old? I'm not sure how my son will tolerate being in line for a long time. We are leaving from NYC in September.

When we cruised with our 18 month old Grand baby we got to the pier at 11am. onboard by noon.. eating by 12:30- nap at 3pm.

Most people will be arriving at the pie between 1-2 as that is what documents state is check in time. Its better to arrive early and wait-- then arrive later. If computers go down at 2pm those lines can get quite long.

It took me 3 days and my eyes feel like they are gonna fall out but I finally got to the end (for now;) ) of this thread. WOW You guys are great. The amount of info in here is unbelieveable. I have a couple of questions. Sorry if they were in the thread somewhere and I missed it. We are going on the Miracle out of NY on 7/20/2008

#1 Nick and Nora's. I read several people saying they were booking N&N's on our San Juan night. I was thinking of the night we leave Tortola. We have to be back on the ship early since we leave port by, I think, it's 2pm. That's Friday, I think. Does that sound like it would be a good night?

After all the reported drama regarding elegant night, I decided to book N&Ns on the first of 2 elegant nights. After all, if i was dressing up any way, might as well get full use of the duds.

There were only 3 other tables in use this night, so we got loads of attention, space, and a beautiful sunset - and avoided all those hairy eyeballs down in the main dining room

of course, ymmv

Sandi,

I wanted to thank you for starting this thread. I read it in it's entirety before going on the miracle last month. The experience was so wonderful, I came right home and rebooked the Miracle :D

Ohhh you are so welcome. :) I am glad I started this thread too. When I took my first Carnival cruise, I came on here with a ton of questions, even had a ton for my second which was the Miracle, and everyone was just so helpful that I wanted to give something back to the new cruisers. I absolutely loved the Miracle and I know a lot of others on here do as well, so I thought it would be great to start a thread about that ship.

It is a long thread and it keeps getting longer by the day. :p

Archived