All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Thanks Sandi, the cab is probably the best bet even if we have to take two cabs and then find each other at the pier.

I do have a couple of other questions -

1. Is there a midnight buffet everynight and does it include a lot of chocolate? (We were on the NCL Dawn - one night they had a chocolate buffet but there was nothing on the other nights)

2. What do you think about walkie talkies as a way of keeping in touch with your travel group without having to stay right together every minute?

Thanks Sandi, the cab is probably the best bet even if we have to take two cabs and then find each other at the pier.

I do have a couple of other questions -

1. Is there a midnight buffet everynight and does it include a lot of chocolate? (We were on the NCL Dawn - one night they had a chocolate buffet but there was nothing on the other nights)

2. What do you think about walkie talkies as a way of keeping in touch with your travel group without having to stay right together every minute?

They only have 1 gala midnight buffet on the 2nd formal night. They do have a chocolate buffet which was on the last sea day which had a chocolate fountain.

2773595280046899484S600x600Q85.jpg

Can't help you with the walkie talkies because I didn't use them but I'm sure someone else on here can.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks again Sandi, I really do appreciate all the help. So the chocolate buffet is during the day? Not that it really matters - chocolate is chocolate and I will take it anytime!

I am sure I will be having a lot more questions as we get closer! And thanks to you and this thread - I will know just where to get my answers!!!

Thanks again Sandi, I really do appreciate all the help. So the chocolate buffet is during the day? Not that it really matters - chocolate is chocolate and I will take it anytime!

I am sure I will be having a lot more questions as we get closer! And thanks to you and this thread - I will know just where to get my answers!!!

Yes, the chocolate buffet is during the day on the last sea day....around 2:30 in the afternoon if I remember correctly. Although at the grand gala midnight buffet they have plenty of chocolate cake. :p Chocolate is good anytime...even for breakfast....LOL!!!!! :D

You really are going to love the Miracle. Great ship with a fabulous crew. I forgot, but when are you going?

We go 5/1/08 and as the weather gets colder and I sit and watch the snow flurries I am finding it harder and harder to wait! I have never been on a carnival cruies before but have been to each of the ports we are visiting and really enjoyed each one. So I am looking forward to new cruising experience with carnival and returning to the ports to do some more exploration. It will also be the first cruise with the kids so that should be interesting (hope the 19 yr old doesn't throw the 14 yr old overboard-----maybe balcony cabins wasn't such a good idea :eek:

By the way - I know they have the soda pass - which is probably a good idea for the kids but what types of drinks are available and included in the cruise?

We go 5/1/08 and as the weather gets colder and I sit and watch the snow flurries I am finding it harder and harder to wait! I have never been on a carnival cruies before but have been to each of the ports we are visiting and really enjoyed each one. So I am looking forward to new cruising experience with carnival and returning to the ports to do some more exploration. It will also be the first cruise with the kids so that should be interesting (hope the 19 yr old doesn't throw the 14 yr old overboard-----maybe balcony cabins wasn't such a good idea :eek:

By the way - I know they have the soda pass - which is probably a good idea for the kids but what types of drinks are available and included in the cruise?

I have a 19 yr old and 14 yr old also. :D Mine are both boys...what about yours?

The free drinks are iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, juices, coffee, tea, milk. That is on the lido. In the dining room, it's iced tea, coffee, tea, juices (that might only be at breakfast and lunch though, not sure) and espresso and cappucino. There might be others but I can't remember at the moment.

If your kids don't drink a lot of soda, I really don't recommend the soda card.

What deck are you on. Our cabin was 5204. Upper deck, midship by the Atrium elevators. I loved that location and if I go on the Miracle or any other Spirit class ship, I am going to get that location again. It was great....just so convenient to everything. :D

Mine are both boys as well (they will actually be 15 and 20 when we cruise - I just dont like to think of my son being 20:eek: ) Then I have girl stuck in the middle (a rose between 2 thorns :p ) They are great kids and I am so excited about taking them on this cruise before they all start getting really involved in lives of their own.

I'm not sure what cabin yet we booked two balcony gty for the 7 of us (my mom and one of my very good friends will be joining us) - so we will see what we get.

Mine are both boys as well (they will actually be 15 and 20 when we cruise - I just dont like to think of my son being 20:eek: ) Then I have girl stuck in the middle (a rose between 2 thorns :p ) They are great kids and I am so excited about taking them on this cruise before they all start getting really involved in lives of their own.

I'm not sure what cabin yet we booked two balcony gty for the 7 of us (my mom and one of my very good friends will be joining us) - so we will see what we get.

Your kids are the same age as mine. My boys will be 15 and 20 next year also. I also can't think of my older one being 20 as well. Time just flys. Ohhh you have 3?? I always wanted a girl, but didn't want 3 kids. Maybe I will have granddaughters. :p

Maybe you will get a cabin midship. I thought that was a great location.

Definitely try Nick and Nora's supper club. The food and service is 5 star. The dining room food and service is very good but the supper club is even better. If you decide to go, make your reservations as soon as you board. There will be a staff member right by the Atrium elevators where you will board. If you need anymore info for Nick and Nora's, let me know. I also have pics of the food. It really is a 5 star meal and very romantic also.:D

Yup 3 of them........and all just like mommy:D (of course depending on what day it is.......this is not always a good thing. Having a girl is great, and she is in many ways my sanity - however, there are days when I would take 10 boys to the 1 girl! Grandchildren are going to be much better - then I will just spoil them rotten and send them home!

Thanks for the tip on Nick and Nora's, it might be nice for just me and my hubby to escape one night, I mean the cruise is all about family vacation and spending real quality time but I am sure that we will deserve a little one on one too;)

Have you taken your kids on cruises? I sometimes worry about them not finding other kids to hang out with and that they may get a little bored of being with us EVERY minute. I know school will be in session so I am sure the boat won't be overrun with kids but I am hoping some other crazy parents have been willing to take the kids out of school for a nice little vacation.

Yup 3 of them........and all just like mommy:D (of course depending on what day it is.......this is not always a good thing. Having a girl is great, and she is in many ways my sanity - however, there are days when I would take 10 boys to the 1 girl! Grandchildren are going to be much better - then I will just spoil them rotten and send them home!

Thanks for the tip on Nick and Nora's, it might be nice for just me and my hubby to escape one night, I mean the cruise is all about family vacation and spending real quality time but I am sure that we will deserve a little one on one too;)

Have you taken your kids on cruises? I sometimes worry about them not finding other kids to hang out with and that they may get a little bored of being with us EVERY minute. I know school will be in session so I am sure the boat won't be overrun with kids but I am hoping some other crazy parents have been willing to take the kids out of school for a nice little vacation.

No I never took my kids on cruises, but I have only been on 3. Two 2 night cruises to nowhere and the last on one an 8 night on the Miracle which was my dream vacation since I was a kid. My mom watched the kids. They have always gone with us on vacation but once in a while hubby and I need some time to ourselves.

The time that you are going will have some kids but not a lot. The NYC area schools don't let out until the middle to the end of June. Since your older one will be 20, then I'm sure he will find some kids to hang out with. On Our sailing there were some kids but the ship wasn't overrun with them. They will have a good time, don't you worry. :)

I am sure they will - and hey the adults in our group aren't too bad to hang out with ( at least I think so). We are from upstate NY so our schools don't get out until the end of June. Again, I am sure we will have fun together and finding other kids for them will just be a bonus.

Hi Sandi, hi all, just checking in to say hi!

Familyplus2, you are going on the Miracle the week before we go on her again! We'll wave to you as you get off! I also have an answer for your walkie talkie question. Most of the people you see who use the walkie talkies have kids that are like junior high or middle school age. If yours are 15-20, they may feel embarrassed having to "walkie talkie" mom. We took our 2 kids, age 18 & 20 last year on the Miracle and we used post it notes in our cabin and voice messages on our cabins phone to keep track of each other. They basically had an idea of where everyone wanted to go and if that changed, we'd leave a note or a message. It was easy and not once did we lose anyone.....lol.

Sandi, I know I don't post often but I promise to do better to help answer questions! Pinkie swear! :)

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Anne

13 days until we are on the Miracle and the wait is total torture!!! :)

You'll be on the week after me. Now the time is almost here for me and I still have to pack and go through clothes and figure out what I'm bringing and I leave on Tuesday for Florida, ACK! I'm in freak out mode now. :eek:

Sandi, I know you will have words of wisdom to calm me down.

Hi Sandi, hi all, just checking in to say hi!

Familyplus2, you are going on the Miracle the week before we go on her again! We'll wave to you as you get off! I also have an answer for your walkie talkie question. Most of the people you see who use the walkie talkies have kids that are like junior high or middle school age. If yours are 15-20, they may feel embarrassed having to "walkie talkie" mom. We took our 2 kids, age 18 & 20 last year on the Miracle and we used post it notes in our cabin and voice messages on our cabins phone to keep track of each other. They basically had an idea of where everyone wanted to go and if that changed, we'd leave a note or a message. It was easy and not once did we lose anyone.....lol.

Sandi, I know I don't post often but I promise to do better to help answer questions! Pinkie swear! :)

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Anne

Hey Anne.....good to see you again. :D

You'll be on the week after me. Now the time is almost here for me and I still have to pack and go through clothes and figure out what I'm bringing and I leave on Tuesday for Florida, ACK! I'm in freak out mode now. :eek:

Sandi, I know you will have words of wisdom to calm me down.

Hiya NG :D

Well have you made a packing list? That helped me a lot. I think you better get started on it considering you only have today and tomorrow to pack. Come on get to it.....LOL!!! :p

I will be sailing on the Miracle in Feb 08. We will be visiting Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. I am hoping that Belize is the only tender stop. Is this correct?

Also, for the ports where the ship docks, did they back in or park stern facing land? I have an aft balcony cabin and would love to watch folks hurrying back to the ship at the end of the day. Anyone who sailed recently remember?

Kim

I AM SAILING ON THE MIRACLE IN MAY 2008 OUT OF NY. LAST CRUISE WAS ON THE DESTINY JUNE/2005 AND IT WAS NICE EXCEPT, SINCE I WAS TRAVELING ALONE, I FOUND I WAS BORED. :eek:I DINED, FIRST SITTING, WITH A GROUP OF ESSENTIALLY ONLY SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE. THEY WERE VERY NICE BUT OUR CONVERSATION WAS EXTREMELY LIMITED AND 2 NIGHTS I WAS ALONE AT DINNER.:( :DTHIS TIME I WILL BE WITH A GROUP OF BALLROOM DANCING FRIENDS, SO I HOPE THE MIRACLE TRUELY BECOMES A MIRACLE CRUISE. I AM DEFINATELY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. :rolleyes::)

I will be sailing on the Miracle in Feb 08. We will be visiting Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. I am hoping that Belize is the only tender stop. Is this correct?

Also, for the ports where the ship docks, did they back in or park stern facing land? I have an aft balcony cabin and would love to watch folks hurrying back to the ship at the end of the day. Anyone who sailed recently remember?

Kim

You are right, Belize is the only tender port.

Unfortunately you won't be able to catch folks running at the ship from your aft balcony, I found deck 3 to be very good for that, it was my pre-sail away entertainment at both Panama and Costa Rica.

Thanks Mprucha - although embarrassing the kids at times can be quite entertaining........ I think I will take your post it note idea and call it good! Thanks for all the email advice too:)

MammaFont - what is your sail date 5/108??????? I have been on the rollcall for that date and there really only seems to be a few of us.......empty ship may be good for no lines but I really would like there to be more!!!!!

Kim

On all 3 stops we were on, they didn't back in, they pulled that big ole ship right in..........just like pulling in to the grocery store!

Mammafont, what is your sail date in May 08? Cause we're rebooked on the Miracle for May 08 too, May 9th. We got an aft wraparound for that one and can hardly wait. I took a camera up to the funnel deck and watched people try and make it back to the ship. No crawlers though.....darn it!

I AM SAILING ON THE MIRACLE IN MAY 2008 OUT OF NY. LAST CRUISE WAS ON THE DESTINY JUNE/2005 AND IT WAS NICE EXCEPT, SINCE I WAS TRAVELING ALONE, I FOUND I WAS BORED. :eek:I DINED, FIRST SITTING, WITH A GROUP OF ESSENTIALLY ONLY SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE. THEY WERE VERY NICE BUT OUR CONVERSATION WAS EXTREMELY LIMITED AND 2 NIGHTS I WAS ALONE AT DINNER.:( :DTHIS TIME I WILL BE WITH A GROUP OF BALLROOM DANCING FRIENDS, SO I HOPE THE MIRACLE TRUELY BECOMES A MIRACLE CRUISE. I AM DEFINATELY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. :rolleyes::)

I went on the Destiny three years ago out of Puerto Rico. I did the Legend out of New York (same as Miracle). You will find they are very different cruises.

And thanks Sandi. It's now 3:20, I'm about to start packing.

It's now 3:20, I'm about to start packing.

Hey Name Game, if it isnt too much trouble. I would like to see the Capers for your itinerary.

I am one of those who likes to know as much as I can before I go, so that I can make it seem familiar to those I am with.

Either way have a great time, and we'll see ya after the holiday !

Archived