Casablanca Port Help!!

Godisgood

We're going on the Nov 9th Norwegian Gem cruise that will stop at Casablanca for a day. The cruiseline offers a over-night excursion to Marrakech at $399 per person or 8-hour tour of Casablanca & Rabat at $109 per person. This is our first time in Morocco and we can't decide which tour to join. Has anyone been to Casablanca for a cruise stop? Any good recommendations will be greatly appreciated! :)

We did not have Marrakesch offered on our trip, so I can't help there. We did take the trip to Rabat. It was (is) a lovely,clean city (not very interesting, tho') but we enjoyed the drive to & fro , pretty scenery .

They took us back to town and a store for shopping, etc.

MaryAnn

We're going on the Nov 9th Norwegian Gem cruise that will stop at Casablanca for a day. The cruiseline offers a over-night excursion to Marrakech at $399 per person or 8-hour tour of Casablanca & Rabat at $109 per person. This is our first time in Morocco and we can't decide which tour to join. Has anyone been to Casablanca for a cruise stop? Any good recommendations will be greatly appreciated! :)

I've been to Morocco and Marrakech was my favorite! In fact, it's one of my favorite cities. I could live there.

However, I went there on a land vacation and spent two nights in each city. When will you get to Marrakech? Where is the hotel? And when do you have to leave the next day? And lastly, are you flying?

Casablanca (IMHO) isn't all that interesting, there's just the Hassan II Mosque. Rabat is interesting too, but neither cities can compare to Marrakech or even Fez.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked the HAL Prinsendam one day ship's tour to Marrakech in May. We loved every moment of our visit to this fascinating city. Experiencing a visit to Marrakech, and especially at night, will be the "highlight" of your cruise. After much bargaining, we purchased a beautiful rug/carpet; packed it in a small empty zippered bag we brought along; then included it with our checked bags on the flight home. The "magic" carpet brings back many wonderful memories of our day in Marrakech.

Archived