Tahiti Princess questions...

shayelle

We are new to Princess. We have done 5 RCCL cruises but they do not offer this itinerary so we are off to Princess!

We want to do the 10 day Cook Islands/Polynesia cruise out of Papeete in March 2008 for our honeymoon.

We have to arrive 2 days early due to flight options (or lack thereof!). We also have to leave at 8:20am on the morning the cruise ends otherwise we have to wait a whole day longer. The itinerary says the ship gets into port at 8:00pm on the 27th and the cruise actually ends at 5:00am on the 28th. Will we clear customs the night before so we could get off whenever we want and make a 8:20am flight?

Thank you!

Shannon

We are new to Princess. We have done 5 RCCL cruises but they do not offer this itinerary so we are off to Princess!

We want to do the 10 day Cook Islands/Polynesia cruise out of Papeete in March 2008 for our honeymoon.

We have to arrive 2 days early due to flight options (or lack thereof!). We also have to leave at 8:20am on the morning the cruise ends otherwise we have to wait a whole day longer. The itinerary says the ship gets into port at 8:00pm on the 27th and the cruise actually ends at 5:00am on the 28th. Will we clear customs the night before so we could get off whenever we want and make a 8:20am flight?

Thank you!

Shannon

Yes, since you overnite in Papeete, there won't be a problem catching that early morning flight. After you dock the night before, you will be free to come and go as you please from the ship. I would contact Princess to let them know your plans as you will have to make other arrangements for luggage as yours will probably have to be carried off seperately so it doesn't get lost in the masses that will taken off the ship.

Thank you!

Shannon

First of all a big :) on your HM. We took that cruise last yr. and its very special I think. After 10/08 the TP is gone from that area so I'm glad you can enjoy it while its still available. Yes, you should be able to get off early to meet your flight. I would advise you to keep your bags in your room as it wil be easier for you in the morning. As I recall from our cruise you can stay on the ship until you have to leave for the airport but you have to be out of your room by 1000, not that this will be a factor for you. The TP is a smallish ship as they go these days and as such she gives rise to a more intimate, friendly feeling. I am sure you will enjoy her. Cheers, Larry :)

Shannon,

I have done the trip on the TP some four times and am repeating again in October. As far as I remember, customs is cleared at the airport under rather crowded conditions later on the morning of disembarkation. I would highly recommend staying over a day or two in Papeete or Moorea and avoid the chaotic airport mess. Generally speaking, you are taken in customs bond by bus to the airport as a group. I have never heard of anyone leaving early, but it would be worth your while to contact Princess direct.

Shannon,

I have done the trip on the TP some four times and am repeating again in October. As far as I remember, customs is cleared at the airport under rather crowded conditions later on the morning of disembarkation. I would highly recommend staying over a day or two in Papeete or Moorea and avoid the chaotic airport mess. Generally speaking, you are taken in customs bond by bus to the airport as a group. I have never heard of anyone leaving early, but it would be worth your while to contact Princess direct.

I think the OP wants to know about simply being able to get off the boat. We got off early, stayed in a day room at the Sheraton and cabbed it to the airport. No worries.

I think the OP wants to know about simply being able to get off the boat. We got off early, stayed in a day room at the Sheraton and cabbed it to the airport. No worries.

It sounds like we can catch that early flight. We will have been away from the kids for 12 days by then and I know I will be ready to get home so it was very important to know if we can get off the ship early.

Thank you so much!

Shannon

Archived