street festivals - original art work

sgail

I was so hoping to be able to buy some origingal art work at either of the street fairs. We will be in Bermuda the first weeek in October. I understand that the fairs will be over for the year. Can anyone tell me a good place to see & buy original Bermuda art work, for a reasonable price?

There are several vendors in Hamilton, Dockyard and St. Georges that sell prints from local artists. I bought several prints from Carole Holding's shop in Hamilton when I was there in May.

http://www.caroleholding.bm

There are others as well, I just don't know their names or web pages.

Ms. Holding's works are pastel in nature. Some of the others are bolder.

Theron

I agree with Theron about Carole Holding, I also have several of her prints. She has a place on Front Strett in Hamilton as well as a place in St. George that sell her work.

If you dock at Penno's Wharf in St. George, there are a couple of little shops that you pass on the way into the main part of town that sell prints and one that sells jewelry made from sea glass. They are across from Hunter's Wharf and a gas station.

There's a craft market at the Dockyards that has local artists. Also located at the Dockyards is a glass blowing studio and the Bermuda Clayworks.

I was so hoping to be able to buy some origingal art work at either of the street fairs. We will be in Bermuda the first weeek in October. I understand that the fairs will be over for the year. Can anyone tell me a good place to see & buy original Bermuda art work, for a reasonable price?

I thought our week would be the last street fair?

Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard (http://www.artbermuda.bm)

Bermuda Society of Arts (City Hall, Hamilton)

Masterwork Foundation (Botanical Gardens, Paget)

The above three galleries are about the only 3 mixed artist galleries left on the island, showcasing a variety of artists' work. Several artists do have home studios: Lisa Quinn (near the Reefs, Southampton), Sharon Wilson (near Horseshoe Bay, Southampton), Lisa Ann Rego (Clocktower Mall, Dockyard), you can usually catch Graham Foster working on his mural in the Maritime Museum, Jonah Jones, Lynn Morrell, in the Bermuda Arts Centre, Dockyard. Birdsey and Jo Birdsey-Linberg at the Birdsey Studio in Paget.

Who else is there: St. Georges: Amos Art Studio for Diana, Eric and Stacey Amos's work; Bermuda Memories (St. George's Square) for Jill Amos Raine, and the Masterworks Artist in residence studio is also in St. George's just off the square.

If there is another artist or medium you are interested in - give me a holler. :D

I don't recall the names of any of the stores, but there are several stores in the Clock Tower mall (at the Dockyards) that sell art, most of the stores are owned by the artists. These are the same artworks that they bring out to the street when the festival is going on.

Archived