NCLA POA Dinning room reservations

lowdown

I have read that dinner reservations are required in all the dining rooms. I have also heard you can only reserve the night before one night at a time. Lastly I heard that some of the pay dinning rooms are free when there is a star next to them on the daily papers that come to your room. Anyone with any experience please chime in.

Don

• Administrators
I have read that dinner reservations are required in all the dining rooms. I have also heard you can only reserve the night before one night at a time. Lastly I heard that some of the pay dinning rooms are free when there is a star next to them on the daily papers that come to your room. Anyone with any experience please chime in.

Don

Reservations are not "required" but are a good idea in the specialty dining rooms (the fee and the non-fee ones). Unless your party is a large one (I think the minimum is 6-8 people) you can't make reservations in the main dining rooms. You can book reservations the day of, and one day ahead. The asterisk in the Freestyle Daily indicates which dining rooms/restaurants have a surcharge (not the free ones -- they have no asterisk). Hope that helps!

• Administrators
Do the fee dinning rooms change whether or not they charge a fee from day to day? It seems I read somewhere that sometimes the fee rooms have free nights.

Thanks

Don

No, but sometimes they have two-for-one offers -- boarding day, for instance, or maybe at certain times during the cruise (8:30 - 9:30 PM for example). Check your Freestyle Daily for offers like these.

Michellp

Thanks for you quick reply. I noticed in your review you are from our neck of the woods. We are from West of ATL a little town called Douglasville. We are leaving on the Nov. 5th sailing of the poh. your review and posts have been very helpful.

Don

• Administrators
Michellp

Thanks for you quick reply. I noticed in your review you are from our neck of the woods. We are from West of ATL a little town called Douglasville. We are leaving on the Nov. 5th sailing of the poh. your review and posts have been very helpful.

Don

I know Douglasville -- have a friend that lives there and I used to have a client in Carrollton. Have a wonderful cruise in Hawaii! :)

The Freestyle Daily on the Pride of America says recommendations are accepted, but not required, for the main dining rooms, the Skyline and Liberty. If you have 5 or more in your party, they'll take reservations for the main dining rooms. When we were on board, we heard the reservation desk personnel telling people with less than five in their party that they could not make a reservation for the main dining rooms.

Officially, you can only make same-day and next day reservations for restaurants. However, for days beyond that, they'll put your name and desired restaurant and dining time in the "restaurant request book," which actually worked for us just like making a reservation. We just checked each morning to see if our request for that evening (made on our embarkation day) was able to be honored. In our case, it always was.

The specialty restaurants all take reservations, regardless of group size, and reservations for those are highly recommended. Again, you can only book same day and next day, but you can get into the "request" book for the other nights, and they do try to accommodate those.

On four evenings, the specialty restaurant cover charge was reduced to 50% after 8:30 p.m. This excluded Shabu Shabu, Teppayyaki and Sushi.

Archived