Is a DVD player terrible in the dining room?

Luxuriate

As to me coming off nasty well if that is how you choose to see it then that's all you. That is not what I meant.

Second point as to u perceiving me coming off nasty well there is the pot calling the kettle black.

So read into it what you will. I can't help it.

Just wondering though when that MYOB lady was rude didn't you see posting telling her she was being nasty.

And clearly you don't read the post thoroughly or you would see I posted a couple of time saying I was on the side of the DVD players however you seemed to ignore that... and still jump on me..... what is they say here...flames.

so before you go and call someone nasty why don't you take a look at your own posts. Don't call me names, it is uncalled for. I did not call you names.

Kasey, I did go back and reread your posts and I can definitely see a point where you became frustrated!! I think that frustration came out in a fairly negative way, but considering the direction this thread has taken, you'd think people would be a bit more understanding, wouldn't you? ha ha ha

All over these boards I see people asking for opinions and then instead of just expressing their different points of view, it gets difficult. With no facial cues or vocal inflections, sometimes the most innocent of expressions can appear negative when it was not intended. Differing opinions can sometimes sound like 'some people' are telling 'other people' that they're 'wrong'... then the 'other people' get defensive and say something about 'some people' to show how 'wrong' they are... and... well... it's just too bad we're stuck here corresponding with other humans, or there wouldn't be all these 'human errors'. ha ha ha ha ha

So... does anyone else have a non-judgemental opinion about their personal feelings regarding dvd players in the dining room? :p

I say do whatever you need to for you and your children to enjoy dinner. Seriously I am a parent that went to dinner the other day without the kids and we had three kids running around the area and screeching whenever the parents picked them up. (apparently it was like a birthday dinner with lots of family)

I would have rather sat there while they sat quietly playing their gameboy or watching a dvd than dealt with what went on.

On our Princess cruise if I think my children need the player so that the entire diningroom can enjoy dinner quietly then I will do that. I am on vacation so that my brothers and sisters and parents from all over the US can eat as a family once a year.

Then again I am a parent that ignores the dirty looks or says something to the glarer such as, I bet you wish you had this 30 years ago when your children were young.

Archived