grand turk, bohio, resort dive course

ldock

hi has anyone gone on the resort course dive offered through Bohio. im wondering if the dive is good, and how long you are out. with this course are you cert. to dive elsewere? or is there a better place you would recomend to do this. We will be in St thomas and San juan aswell. the resort course/ dive they offer is $110 , that sounds like a good price to me? We have dived once before but never had any cert.

A resort course will not get you certified. It means that you have been show the bare minimum to dive and that you can dive with a DM for eithor just that day or up to 48hrs after. (I am not sure about the 48, I think I read something somewhere that a resort course was good for 48hrs). Anyhow, Grand Turk is a very beautiful place to dive. You will get spoiled diving there. When I dove there, I dove with blue water divers. Not sure if they do resort courses or not. $110 sounds about right though on the price.

Not sure how they do Resorts on GT, I guess initially in pool or shallow from shore and then possibly a boat dive to the top of the wall in 30 feet or so. I can't recall the depth limit on a resort course.....

We dove GT with Blue Water Divers last week and St Thomas with Coki Beach Dive Club also last week.

For a Resort Course I think that Coki Beach might be the best choice as one can do it all right there and it's a nice dive in shallow water with good visibility in the water.

I contacted Bohio for diving before our cruise and they indicated they did not run dive trips for cruisers--not sure how that might affect a Resort Course.

The viz on Grand Turk was great, we saw a baby turtle, many Garden Eels, several cleaning stations, and some nice size Black Grouper. But that was out a little on the wall and a boat dive.

Archived