TA price drop credit

broccoli

Yes, many TA's will honor price drops but it is something you should get in writing before you book with as well as any fees, like cancellation fees, etc that they might charge. Will they honor multiple drops?

If you book directly through RCCL (who is open on weekends) it is just a matter of a quick phone call and giving them the info. My price drop took a whole 3 minutes.

If you book through a TA, they are the ones who have to call and if you can't get a hold of them say after 5pm or on the weekends the price drop could disappear before you get in touch with them.

thanks for the info-I think I'll book myself thru RCL and avoid the "middle man"

The middle man as you put may offer you a discount for booking with them that you would not get from RCI. Our TA gives us around 10% off the RCI price on each cruise and they have honoured all the price drops for our next 3 cruises. It does take some time for them to confirm. They have to wait for the amended invoice from RCI first. We moved TA this year after our last TA would not honour the price drops that RCI would.

The middle man as you put may offer you a discount for booking with them that you would not get from RCI. Our TA gives us around 10% off the RCI price on each cruise and they have honoured all the price drops for our next 3 cruises. It does take some time for them to confirm. They have to wait for the amended invoice from RCI first. We moved TA this year after our last TA would not honour the price drops that RCI would.

RCCL does not allowed TA's to discount their cruises, so you might be getting group space held by the TA.

Archived