Alaska Cruise - One Way or Roundtrip?

TwoWeebles

I do understand the inside passage cruises go around Vancouver Island on the West side but after that stay pretty much in the passage. The Star Princess cruise even shows sailing on the Inside Passage side of the island where Sitka is located. The rough seas issue does not effect me. I have been on some where we had some rough rides part of the cruise. I was just passing on food for thought.

Inside Passage cruises from Seattle travel west of Vancouver Island. Those leaving from Vancouver travel east of it.

However, some of the round-trips from Vancouver go to Glacier Bay. Check HAL or NCL.

I haven't looked at the HAL itineraries recently, but the NCL ship sailing from Vancouver goes to Sawyer not Glacier Bay.

The NCL ship sailing Glacier Bay is the Pearl, sailing out of Seattle.

Nancy - I was surprised at the number of people on my one way cruises that did not do a land trip. Probably half that I spoke with just did the one way cruise with out any land or just one night in Anchorage.

I know some people on this board think the one way cruises should be for those who also do land but the reality is that many people do the one way with out the land portion.

Hi Coral, Very good point! I have noticed the same thing that at least half are not doing a land portion after a one way cruise. Three years ago we did a b2b starting in Alaska and spent a week on land before the b2b. We had a late flight out of Anchorage, after the cruise, so we rented a car for one day and drove to the Kenai area and had a fantastic extra day in Alaska. Some of the people that we met on board our ship went straight to the airport and sat all day waiting for the same late night flight that we were on. Hard to believe!

Archived