Cape Verde Visa

daisydog

We did not need a visa. Google for the Cape Verde Islands Government and/or ask your cruiseline to be sure.

Not much there but ok for a day visit.

MaryAnn

Mary Ann,

I have heard that they have nice beaches in Cape Verde. Is it possible to do a beach break?

Daisy,

No visa or vaccination needed.

I am Canadian, and my mom is a British citizen (stubborn, will not get Canadian citizenship even though she's lived here since 1965!) and we did not need a visa in 2005. I don't recall anyone, including the numerous Americans on board requiring a visa for Cape Verde. Best thing to do is check out the Cape Verde government website, because these things tend to change without notice.

Thanks everyone for the information. I'm still working on this. The government site does say visas are needed for Cape Verde. What I'm wondering is because we are not really staying in Cape Verde but just visiting for the day maybe the visa is not needed.

Daisy

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post regarding going to the beach.

I did not go all over the island but I was told that they are developing the Islands for tourism. Mainly for Euors & Brits to fly in for a holiday.

I would google the islands to see what is happening. Where the ship docks is near downtown and the port is for ferries & commercial ships.

The only beach I saw was for boats, etc. I wouldn't swim there any day. But on the other side might be a different story.

Good luck, Have fun, MaryAnn

Archived