Cunard Insurance

dramirez

Does anyone have any experience with the Cunard Insurance plan? We may have to cancel our cruise, scheduled for next month, due to a medical emergency. I will call my travel agent tomorrow to ask about this in more detail, but in the mean time, I was curious as to how easy this process is.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Does anyone have any experience with the Cunard Insurance plan? We may have to cancel our cruise, scheduled for next month, due to a medical emergency. I will call my travel agent tomorrow to ask about this in more detail, but in the mean time, I was curious as to how easy this process is.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Diane,

I am so sorry to hear this.

I hope all will turn out okay for you.

This is the company that provides Insurance for Cunard Care:

http://www.berkely.net/

You may download a claim form here:

http://www.travelclaim.com/

That page gives you links to everything you need to know from them.

Call your agent. They will halt the progress so that you are stopped at over 30 days out. Cunard will refund to you (to your credit card, if that is how you paid) that portion which would be refunded at over thirty days before your cruise. Berkely will take care of the rest. Since you don't have air, it should be very straightforward. If you had air, then Cunard (or Berkley) would have to wait until your air tickets were returned to them. BTW, Don't worry about your agent. His or her Commission is also protected. I once had an agent yell at me (before I was one) when my (ex) husband ended up in the hospital and had to cancel a trip.

I have dealt with Berkely. They are pleasant, efficient, and easy to deal with. They are VERY prompt, and considerate. Even Cunard was quick to refund. I hope that things work out so you do not have to cancel, but things do happen. I'm working nights this week (11PM to 7 AM) and will be in Bridgeport tonight. If you need to talk, my cell is 860 388-7949 (If I can figure out where the heck I put it! And I will need it tonight!)

Ah, good. Left in in the car by accident.

Okay. It's on. it's charged.

Call me if you need me/ I'll do what I can.

BTW, As long as you bought Cunard Care, anything not covered by insurance Cunard will credit towards future, usually.

Karie,

who hopes things get worked out quickly, and all will be well.

We'll miss you on board.

P.S. I can't do my email from work, but I will log into it now, in case I can help. parrothead-av8r AT mindspring DOT com.

Archived