Wireless Internet Network Card Cost?

Midnight Rain

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew how much the wireless internet network card was??

Thanks! :)

Not sure what they cost onboard but if you are wanting to use it you must have an older laptop?

I would just get a pcmci card from anywhere. If you laptop is newer you wont need a card. I dont think. The rate for wirless is .35 to.50 a min. 100 bucks gets you so many mins.

But to me? If I had to rent the card? I would buy one as I am sure I would use it somewhere else. 35.00 to 50.00

Unless I totally missed what the question was. :)

Hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted Princess, and they said it's $54.95 for unlimited internet access on your own computer.

Melanie

I would double check that. I know you can have free access if you are in a suite. This is free in the Internet Cafe. Wireless you pay by the min. and or can get a package. IF, I could get unlimited access (wireless) for 55.00 I would be all over that. But I have done a lot of reseach on this and I was told it is per min. charge for wireless.

PLEASE. I would love to know who told you that and to make sure they said Unlimited access. I could see them charging you 55.00 for the use of their card. But unlimited access. Like I said. I would double check.

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted Princess, and they said it's $54.95 for unlimited internet access on your own computer.

Melanie

I would bet that they have never heard that onboard.....:rolleyes:

Remember the corporate office rarely knows what is happening onboard the ships in the fleet. :eek:

My guess is that $54.95 is for unlimited use of the CARD, not unlimited use of the internet. Remember the OP's question was about a wireless network card, not wireless connection.

So my guess is $54.95 for the card plus the normal cost for acess time.

John

When I phoned Princess I asked them if that was for Unlimited Internet Access and she said Yes. So they have obviously gotten it wrong.

I must have been confused by the wording on the website. My laptop is wireless internet capable.... I just wanted to know if there was a price I could pay for unlimited internet on my own computer.

So thank you for the replies....

Melanie

DONSCOMP is right, MIDNIGHT RAIN. If you are using your wireless, you have to pay by the minute. You can buy various packages where the price will range from $.50 down to $.35 per minute (unless the rates have changed). If you are a Platinum Member or above, you can get a per person credit for packages that you buy to be used in the Internet Cafe, but the credit is not available to be used toward wireless charges.

I, too, would be all over a $55.00 unlimited charge for the internet!

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise.

When I phoned Princess I asked them if that was for Unlimited Internet Access and she said Yes. So they have obviously gotten it wrong.

I must have been confused by the wording on the website. My laptop is wireless internet capable.... I just wanted to know if there was a price I could pay for unlimited internet on my own computer.

So thank you for the replies....

Melanie

If your laptop is wireless. Then it IS per min. And or packages avalible as posted above. I myself, even though we have free access in the net cafe I may still buy a package also so I can use the laptop sometimes. The ulimate would be with my wireless extender if I could pick it up in our room. But being in the AFT of the ship. I would say slim to none chance.

Once in port. I can use my Verizon data card. This is around the Hawaiian Islands.

I gota tell ya. You got me pretty excited with the unlimited wireless for 55.00 LOL I only wish.

Archived