Any Turtle Beach Update?

hawt1

Does anyone know when the restaurant might reopen and just as important, where we would find Wilbur the Pig right now. We were looking forward to hanging out with Wilbur in January.

Thanks.

Still no news on when the new restaurant will re-open. Everything takes time in the Caribbean! I also heard that it was going to be "upscale" dining.

Wilbur is still there and is in good hands as he is being looked after by my cousin, who lives there. :)

Thansk Liz.

So, with a group of 4 kids under 9 years old and four grandparents over 75 years old as well as the middle generation (me and mine), where would you recommend that we go?

Nice sand for the kids, gentle slope into the water, restaurants and bathrooms etc.

Have your cousin say hello to Wilbur for us as we really did want to head over to Turtle Beach adn see him but the lack of facilities will likely keep us away now.

Thanks,

Thansk Liz.

So, with a group of 4 kids under 9 years old and four grandparents over 75 years old as well as the middle generation (me and mine), where would you recommend that we go?

Nice sand for the kids, gentle slope into the water, restaurants and bathrooms etc.

Have your cousin say hello to Wilbur for us as we really did want to head over to Turtle Beach and see him but the lack of facilities will likely keep us away now.

Thanks,

No Problem! :)

Were you in St. Kitts before on a cruise or at a hotel?

Another alternative to Turtle Beach is the new Reggae Beach Bar on beautiful Cockleshell Beach. They are planning to open sometime in October. Gary, the former owner of Turtle Beach Bar http://www.turtlebeach1.com is the owner of this new beach bar, and I'm trying to convince him to bring Wilbur with him. (Kind of hard to transport a 600 pound pig!) :)

From all reports the new beach bar called Reggae Beach Bar will be open by the end of October. The beach is much better than that at Turtle Beach. It also will be better for small yachts etc. anchoring in the sheltered bay.

Wilbur, the 600 pound pig, has made history internationally, and knowing Gary the owner, Wilbur will not be forgotten, especially considering the contribution he made in making Turtle Beach famous. If his health holds up he may even make a comeback at the Reggae Beach Bar.

He is getting on in age for a pig, but when all is said and done he has lived life to the fullest.... :)

Archived