sarande and kotor private tours

watercruise

We were pleasantly surprised on our visit to Kotor last May. Many taxis were lined up with a controller and a choice of several excursions with hours and prices as soon as we disembarked.

Following my usual routine I was off the ship after inspection and lined up a taxi with an English speaking driver. I gave him a deposit and left for breakfast.

We took the top of the mountain tour and then all day down to the coast stopping at villages for A snack, etc. Back at the ship around 4 p.m..

Teaming up with another couple makes it very reasonable price wise.

In Montenegro you must have some of the local currency otherwise they will sell you Euros at a high price. I did not find any ATM's but banks are best for exchanges. A camera is an absolute mist. The views are incredible.

In Kotor, we toured the old walled city on our own. It's not very big. We were able to follow the cobbled pathway all the way up to Ft. St. John at the top of the mountain that backs the town. The city walls go all the way up. The ship docks across the street from the gate to the walled town.

Archived