Stingray City - NCL Tour or private co.

meagent

Hi all,

I've seen several posts on the NCL section saying to come here and potentially save money by getting info from everyone about good private companies to use for excursions. My wife and I are crusining for the first time in December on the Majesty w/ another couple, also first time cruisers. Our first port of call is Grand Cayman and our itenerary says 8am-3pm. I am guessing that this literally means the boat will arrive around 8am and leave at 3pm, not that we will be on the island by 8am. The only thing we really want to do is the Stingray City tour. On the NCL website they have the "Stingray Sandbar and Island Drive" tour which is $45pp and lasts 4:15. You see the beach, turtle farm, "Hell" and of course go to Stingray city. I do not know how long each stop is but imagine the stingrays are the bulk. I must admit I am a bit confused about the price as it is LOWER than several other NCL excurions that also go to stingray city but include less other stops and are shorter excursions. Assuming you don't just drive by everything and not see anything, this seems like a good value. I checked the Captain martin's website and to see the stingrays, hell and thet rutle farm would cost more through him/them. Any thoughts on whether the NCL excursion is a good option?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived