Checking kids out of Camp Carnival

Sgrgirl20

I know that title is bad but oh well :) My whole family is going on a cruise in January. My sister has 4 kids (will be 9, 6, 5, and 2) and then there will 9 adults. Who is able to go get them? Other than my sister and her husband we are all either grandparents or aunts/uncles. Are there a specific number of people who are able to get them or what? Just curious. Not a problem at all if my sister and bil are the only ones allowed to pick them up just wondering. :)

I know that title is bad but oh well :) My whole family is going on a cruise in January. My sister has 4 kids (will be 9, 6, 5, and 2) and then there will 9 adults. Who is able to go get them? Other than my sister and her husband we are all either grandparents or aunts/uncles. Are there a specific number of people who are able to get them or what? Just curious. Not a problem at all if my sister and bil are the only ones allowed to pick them up just wondering. :)

For the little ones, I believe you go to the orientation meeting the first night. The parent at that meeting is designated as the signer inner and outter :p. I think you can assign one other adult on the sign in/out list as well (from what I've read). For the older ones, I believe you can give them sign out privileges, but you don't have to. Make sure the parents go to the first meeting! No, every adult in your group cannot take the kids out of Camp.

For the little ones the person who signed the child in and ONE OTHER designated adult (you write their name down on the sign-in sheet when signing the child in) can sign out the child.

For instance, you sign the child in to camp in the morning, and write down your name and your husband's name, either of you can sign the child out. Later in the afternoon, you sign the child in again, and write down your name and a grandparent's name. Either you or the grandparent can sign the child out. Tomrrow you sign the child in and write down your name and an aunt's name, either you or the aunt can sign the child out.

So it is the person who signs in the child and one other designated adult who can sign the child out, but the other designated adult can change each time. I hope that made sense.

Great question. Have a great trip!:)

Ocean is exactly right. When you sign the child in you sign your name and one other person...you can choose whoever you want to be that other person. They will have to present their S&S card when they go to pick up the child.

The only catch is going to be the person who signs the younger ones in (the 2-5 age group) will NEED to know the beeper number or to be the one carrying the beeper.

Many times I had a brain meltdown and left the beeper with my hubby while I ran to check the kids in...they didn't like when I did that...lol. :p

So I quickly learned to memorize that beeper number to avoid facing the wrath of the Camp Carnival Counselors. :eek: ;)

Thanks for the info!!! I was 99.9 percent sure that only 1 or 2 people could sign them in and out :) But thought I'd ask about how it works. Glad that it can change based on when you sign them in - so that if we know who's going to get a kid at some point we can adjust for that. I'm sure with 9 adults and 4 kids we got them covered :eek: ... going to be an exciting trip :D

Carnival has the worst check in and out system. We did manage to figure out how to let the grandparents also pick them up. They just had to drop them off and have the beeper.... But just a warning of how bad they are:

they called the room to come get my son, Grandma answered. but i was in the spa and couldn't leave. my husband was no where to be found. and since i was suppose to pick him up they would not let the grandma get him even though they called her and she had the beeper. so grandma had to sit outside of camp talking to him to keep him calm till i could get there.

They need a new system!

Carnival has the worst check in and out system. We did manage to figure out how to let the grandparents also pick them up. They just had to drop them off and have the beeper.... But just a warning of how bad they are:

they called the room to come get my son, Grandma answered. but i was in the spa and couldn't leave. my husband was no where to be found. and since i was suppose to pick him up they would not let the grandma get him even though they called her and she had the beeper. so grandma had to sit outside of camp talking to him to keep him calm till i could get there.

They need a new system!

Well that's actually good. Since Grandma's name wasn't on the check out form then they wouldn't release him to Grandma. I think they did exactly what they are suppose to do.

Wonder if someone grabbed your beeper off the table (like in the dining room) and tried to say they were "Grandma" :eek:

If I know I won't be able to pick up the kids, then I make sure someone is on paper who can. :)

Wow, that seems like a somewhat inconvenient system. On Princess, when you sign the kids up for camp, when you fill out the registration cards you can put down up to I think an additional 4 adults who are authorized to sign your child in/out. They must bring a photo ID, but they will make a copy for you to leave in the camp so that you don't need to bring your ID each time.

Well that's actually good. Since Grandma's name wasn't on the check out form then they wouldn't release him to Grandma. I think they did exactly what they are suppose to do.

Wonder if someone grabbed your beeper off the table (like in the dining room) and tried to say they were "Grandma" :eek:

If I know I won't be able to pick up the kids, then I make sure someone is on paper who can. :)

they knew grandma she had been picking up and dropping off all week, it was just that day she wasn't, but she was the only one avail. ps when i filled out the papers at the beginning I put all 4 names down (i just wrote them in) for cases like this.

they knew grandma she had been picking up and dropping off all week, it was just that day she wasn't, but she was the only one avail. ps when i filled out the papers at the beginning I put all 4 names down (i just wrote them in) for cases like this.

I know but on Carnival, at the time of drop off you MUST sign the name of the person (up to 2 people) that will be picking up the child.

They do it for the safety of your child.

I don't think that's alot to ask. I actually value the great lengths they go to in keeping my kids safe while in camp.

You just never know. For every one person that is inconvienced because they were at the spa and unreachable, there is another parent that is happy they aren't releasing the kids to just anyone. :)

They need a new system!

If Carnival ever gave my kid to someone I didn't put on my list for that time frame, they would be VERY sorry. Seriously, I wouldn't let it drop. They followed procedures. They didn't want to get in trouble. It's sad because in this case, you were okay with grandma picking up the unhappy kid, but she wasn't on your list. If grandma was going to be holding the pager, you should have listed her name. If you or dad were going to be unavailable, you shouldn't have listed your names. Just my two cents...

Can someone tell me how it works on Royal Caribbean's Adventure Ocean? Can you list several possible "picker-uppers" when you first register at the beginning of the cruise or do you specify one other person each time you sign the kids in (or some other process)?

Can someone tell me how it works on Royal Caribbean's Adventure Ocean? Can you list several possible "picker-uppers" when you first register at the beginning of the cruise or do you specify one other person each time you sign the kids in (or some other process)?

Adventure Ocean is actually even more strict with the younger kids (don't know how old your kids are) but on Freedom, my 3 year old had to wear a security electronic monitoring bracelet. She couldn't leave AO until it was deactivated in the computer and cut off of her. :)

I know I listed me and my hubby. I know we had to present our cards every time. But I don't *think* we had to list a name before every drop off. I think we just filled out the names during registration. Those names were places in the computer.

My brain isn't working yet this morning so if anyone else remembers, feel free to help me out. ;)

Archived