Life jackets for snorkellers?

NSAHO79

I love to snorkel but I am fairly new at it (my DH is a pro) and I am not a strong swimmer so I like to have some type of floatation device on when I go on catamaran trips, etc. Does anyone know if the cruise ship excursions supply life jackets (or whatever they are called these days) to people if they want them or are they mandatory anyway? I am really looking forward to our trip on the Gem in January to hit six of the Caribbean islands! I have been trying to find something that I can take with me for snorkelling that isn't too cumbersome but no luck so far.

Thanks, Chris

I love to snorkel but I am fairly new at it (my DH is a pro) and I am not a strong swimmer so I like to have some type of floatation device on when I go on catamaran trips, etc. Does anyone know if the cruise ship excursions supply life jackets (or whatever they are called these days) to people if they want them or are they mandatory anyway? I am really looking forward to our trip on the Gem in January to hit six of the Caribbean islands! I have been trying to find something that I can take with me for snorkelling that isn't too cumbersome but no luck so far.

Thanks, Chris

Snorkel boats provide flotation devices. They're not always inflatable vests. Sometimes they are the bulky life jackets and even noodles.

Buy an inflatable vest. It takes up very little luggage space and you can inflate it to a level that's comfortable for you.

Wearing a flotation device is mandatory. Those who like to free dive opt for the inflatable vest. They can require you to put it on, but they don't make you inflate it.;)

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/img/p_bcs_reefsport1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived