Kauai Ziplines

cruznut1111

I'm currently booked for two zipline tours with NCL in Kauai.

They call them CANOPY & TREETOP.

I'm not sure, but after reading Kauai Revealed I'm guessing that CANOPY is with Backcountry Adventures with a 900+ ft zip and TREETOP is with Just Live and only has 350 ft zips or less.

We've been on the ZIPS in Ketchican that are both high and long, so little zips would be a disappointment.

Can anyone confirm who runs these two adventures?

We did the canopy with Backcountry Adventures through NCL. It was a series of 7 ziplines I believe...the longest being 900+ feet....so I think you have it right.

And, there was NO walking on rope bridges or anything like that....just the ziplines. The bridges would have been too much for me :D ....I do not like heights!! But, somehow, I was fine with the ziplining..and would do it again for sure. I loved it.

I'm currently booked for two zipline tours with NCL in Kauai.

They call them CANOPY & TREETOP.

I'm not sure, but after reading Kauai Revealed I'm guessing that CANOPY is with Backcountry Adventures with a 900+ ft zip and TREETOP is with Just Live and only has 350 ft zips or less.

We've been on the ZIPS in Ketchican that are both high and long, so little zips would be a disappointment.

Can anyone confirm who runs these two adventures?

Which cruise are you on? We are Pride of America Oct 27th and we are doing the Canopy trip! We also did the zip lines in Juneau. Loved the zip lines, didn't care for the suspension bridges!!!

Can't wait!!

• 3 weeks later...

:D We did this zipline tour they drive you through the countryside to the zipline site which is the top of a canyon and you then zip back and forth till you get to bottom, then there is a river/ streem at the bottom to swim in if you have time. Good bunch of guys and safe.

We are doing a zipline course in Maui through skyline eco-tours:

http://www.skylinehawaii.com/haleakala_course.htm

It was $148.12 for both of us after tax and discount through their website. I did some research and it has been very well reviewed with the final zip being 750 feet and 200 feet up. The price and timing is right, and it is on the way up or down from Haleakala National Park. It is explained in-depth in the Maui Revealed book.

They also have a course in Kaanapali - it more expensive, but more instense, and requires a 4X4 ride in (which they provide):

http://www.skylinehawaii.com/kaanapali_course.htm

Archived