Stupid Question re:upgrades

This will be my first time crusing and I have a stupid question. I booked two connecting rooms for our trip. I guess we category K rooms. Is there any chance for upgrades when you book connecting rooms--how would I check for upgrades and do I do this or does RCI do this automatically??

Also what is difference in category for inside cabins mean CAT m, k etc...

It sounds as if you booked specific cabins. If so, the chances are slim to be upgraded. A guarantee (no room assignment when booking) has the best chance of an upgrade. The Categories K, M etc basically mean where the rooms are located. The lower categories being the least expensive rooms and the higher categores being more expensive.

Especially with connecting rooms, you shouldn't expect an upgrade. You can, however, upgrade yourself (for a fee!!!!) if you decide you would like something better/different, etc...

Rule of thumb--book what you will be happy with from the get-go!

Don't expect an upgrade with adjoining cabins. If you need 2 cabins together, you have to book an assignment, and there will be remarks in the records. The booking agent may already have put remarks telling them not to upgrade to ensure you stay together. Even when we've sailed with just 1 cabin, I've never been upgraded without paying for it.

Archived