Suites On The HAL Oosterdam

OceanLadi

I will be sailing on HAL for the first time in January. Previous sailings were on RCCL and Carnival. My mother and I have booked a SZ level suite. Since it was guarantee and there are only two SZ cabins, the next level is SY. My grandmother and cousin are in a category VF Handicapped veranda room. I am thinking of upgrading them to a suite as well as a surprise.

QUESTION: Previous travelers on HAL...do you think that the suites are worth the money? Would an SY suite be quite a bit nicer for them then a larger handicapped stateroom?

QUESTION: Are the SY suites roomy? I am claustrophobic and cannot stand a small cabin, like the ocean view on RCCL. This is why I booked the suite. Will I get my money's worth?

LAST QUESTION: Are the cabins by the glass elevators prone to noise?

THANKS!:rolleyes:

Hi Ocean Ladi,

Welcome to the HAL boards.

I can't tell you if the the suite would be better than a VF handicapped, but I can tell you that "suite perks", which are very nice and, we feel, well worth the extra money, are only for PH, SA, SB & SC. The SS, SY & SZ cabins are bigger than the other verandah cabins. Check out the virtual tour on HAL's site.

As far as I know, the cabins near the elevators are not noisy. The drawback is that people riding the elevator can see part of your verandah, so if you want privacy, I would stay away from those cabins.

Again, welcome aboard! Have a great cruise!

Hi Ocean Ladi,

Welcome to the HAL boards.

I can't tell you if the the suite would be better than a VF handicapped, but I can tell you that "suite perks", which are very nice and, we feel, well worth the extra money, are only for PH, SA, SB & SC. The SS, SY & SZ cabins are bigger than the other verandah cabins. Check out the virtual tour on HAL's site.

As far as I know, the cabins near the elevators are not noisy. The drawback is that people riding the elevator can see part of your verandah, so if you want privacy, I would stay away from those cabins.

Again, welcome aboard! Have a great cruise!

Thanks WindyCity!

We really have enjoyed our SA cabins very much. Any PH, SA,SB,or SC includes access to the Neptune Lounge! It is great, as well as the "suite" luncheon served on the last sea day. If you can get upgraded to one of these it would be worth it. Good luck,and Enjoy!:)

OMWife

Archived