question on progresso beaches/beach resort

cutiek184

I am going to do an excursion to a beach resort in progresso.. now I've never been on a cruise.. i was wondering are the beaches there like america for example where i live It is safe to leave my backpack on the beach with my clothes and what not and nobody bothers your stuff, my friends say i better hang on to my stuff.....how can i enjoy the water if i have to worry about someone taking off with my stuff?! any advice is appreciated!!:confused:

I am going to do an excursion to a beach resort in progresso.. now I've never been on a cruise.. i was wondering are the beaches there like america for example where i live It is safe to leave my backpack on the beach with my clothes and what not and nobody bothers your stuff, my friends say i better hang on to my stuff.....how can i enjoy the water if i have to worry about someone taking off with my stuff?! any advice is appreciated!!:confused:

The thing in Mexico is that the beaches belong to the people and cannot be restricted. Some resorts offer lockers and others do not. One thing you will find with the water in Progreso is that it is not very clear. It has a green murky look to it. (The water clarity in Cozumel spoils you)

Dave

it only takes one bad person...(I have been to Mexico but not Progreso). I have never had anything stolen but I always think it could happen. Just don't bring anything too valuable. I try to bring very little cash, enough for drinks and snacks. We always split the cash between us so if some gets lost or stolen the other person still has theirs. Bring a disposable camera which is fine for pictures on the beach and leave your expensive camera on the ship. The main thing is don't worry so much about this that it ruins your day...anything can be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some waterproof wallets that you can purchase that you can keep your cash and other small items in.. I actually purchased a waterproof canister type thingy in Jamaica that i can wear around my neck while I am swimming.

Archived