Mojito's anyone...

2snorkel/cruisers

We are sailing on the Legend in a little over a week and I have a question for anyone who has just returned recently. I like the Mojito's and have found a few places in town that don't serve them yet. Do they serve them on the Legend? Need to know if I'll have to smuggle my own mix and mint leaves on board. Thanks.:)

I had a couple on the Miracle, and they were way too sweet IMO. If you like 'em that way, you will enjoy these, but I had to top mine off with a goodly amount of rum before it tasted right.

Also, they had a special price for mojitos on the Miracle on some days -- look for that!

vlt48.......

If you have time, stop by the Havana House cigar shop, at the Forum Shoppes, in Cozumel. They serve AWESOME mojitos. Havana Club rum tastes like no other rum.............and that is what they use. Too bad it isn't available in the states.............

March of 2007 on Ecstasy. We were told we could only get Mojito's at the specialty bar which is the bar back by the cigar room. That didn't open until 3pm. 3:01 we were there only to be told we had to come back the next day because they didn't have mint leaves and would at that time. Now, I'm in the food industry so I looked at the bartender just as puzzled as I could and said "we are at sea and don't dock in Cozumel until the day after tomorrow, what are they going to do, helicopter (picture me waiving my finger in the air in circles and giving out the whoop-whoop-whoop sound) mint leaves in over night?" Believe it or not, they wouldn't issue the bar mint leaves until the following day to keep the ship stocked for the remainder of the trip. I must say tho, they were well worth the wait!!

I bought a bottle of the mix at Publix and it's actually pretty good. Add your own mint leaves, rum, lime and soda water. Good for a quick fix. Publix sells the mint leaves too. Anyone else going to be on the Legend on Oct. 7? Look forward to meeting you for a Mojito! Counting the minutes....

vlt48.......

If you have time, stop by the Havana House cigar shop, at the Forum Shoppes, in Cozumel. They serve AWESOME mojitos. Havana Club rum tastes like no other rum.............and that is what they use. Too bad it isn't available in the states.............

I agree! I always pick up several bottles of Havana Club in Grand Cayman, and my father just bought me back a bottle this morning of the Anejo 7 Anos... a good CC friend of mine turned me on to it several years ago and there is none better :D I actually found a man who was shipping it to me for a while (as a souvenir of course ;)) but have managed to pick enough up in my travels so far. Too many people make mojitos with bacardi (GAG) then again, if it is made right, I'll drink it :D It is just hard to find ones that are made properly...

Wow! Those that have been able to get a Mojito on a Carnival Cruise are pretty fortunate. I have asked for Mojito's and Mint Juilip's on all of the cruises I have been on and have been told they dont carry the ingredients for them.

I would have to say NO YOU CANT GET ONE ON A CARNIVAL BOAT.

Keep us posted if you can!

Happy Cruising!

Wow! Those that have been able to get a Mojito on a Carnival Cruise are pretty fortunate. I have asked for Mojito's and Mint Juilip's on all of the cruises I have been on and have been told they dont carry the ingredients for them.

I would have to say NO YOU CANT GET ONE ON A CARNIVAL BOAT.

Keep us posted if you can!

Happy Cruising!

As some others have stated, it is in the capers some days, so they definitely carry the ingredients on some boats (I can only vouch for the Miracle).

I only saw it at the atrium bar, however, so you should check there.

But they probably run out of mint leaves after the first few days right?

When I had the Mojito special while sailing on the Valor, the bartender put way to many mint leaves in my drink (I did order a double), but it was entirely to many leaves. But, it was still a good Mojito

On the Valor this July, I made friends with my bartender and also tipped her nightly prior to dinner. I asked for a mojito the first night and I got the standard reply that they didn't have the ingredents. But after tipping her, the mint leaves appeared the next night and every night after that. So be nice to bartenders and slide them a buck every now and then.

We found a couple that are great! Martys are the best! It has everything in it except the mint and ice. Just pour and enjoy! The new Barcardi Mojito's are actually quite tasty! It's a getter by when you can't get mint. It has a slight minty taste to it and they are right with the beer in Publix. Runs about $6.00 a six pack. Just a back up in case you can't get them on the ship!

Love those Mojitos!

We are sailing on the Legend in a little over a week and I have a question for anyone who has just returned recently. I like the Mojito's and have found a few places in town that don't serve them yet. Do they serve them on the Legend? Need to know if I'll have to smuggle my own mix and mint leaves on board. Thanks.:)

Make sure they make it fresh. They will if you ask otherwise they might try to use a mixer on you.

Archived