Whales

Bigmikeh

My DW and I will be on the Golden Oct 20-27 and was wondering if we will get to see any whales when we are there. Has anyone heard if they have seen any yet, I know it may be a little early.

Hola and good morning. There have been a couple of threads lately concerning whales here in Cabo. Here is a link to one that has some photos too: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=626291&highlight=whales

Just a synopsis...whale season is officially from late November to end of March. But I have seen whales twice already. Not sure what the first kind was but the second sighting was probably Bryde's. The grey and humpbacks will be here later.

My DW and I will be on the Golden Oct 20-27 and was wondering if we will get to see any whales when we are there. Has anyone heard if they have seen any yet, I know it may be a little early.

Don't expect it this early in the year. Although it is certainly possible, they are few and far between until December. If you do see one, consider it a welcome bonus!

Keep an eye out on the way down too, they may not be there yet, but they are migrating south, so you could see some along the way.

Archived