I Bet You Didn't Know.......

aaannnthony

......." the HAL message board is designed to share information and experiences on HAL" I was further informed that my two threads in the last three days have been moved to Float Away lounge because "your polls were intended to be humorous, and, that forum is designed for such information".

I'll bet 9 out of 10 that view this post never heard of the Float Away lounge.

So, all of us geezers looking for a little levity, don't come here....you go to the Float Away lounge.....see ya there!!

While the moving of the threads may strike some as heavy handed, the line does have to be drawn somewhere. Newcomers come to this board to find info about sailing on HAL ships, it really shouldn't be cluttered with things that bear no relationship to that theme - especially when there are other boards devoted to those "off topic" discussions.

We owe a real debt of gratitude to those who sponsor and maintain this discussion forum for our benefit. The least we can do is to, generally, abide by their rules.

Actually I'd never heard of it and was kind of glad to find out about it. But there's a few threads on here now that should float away over there as well. But I'm not tellin' 'cause I like all my threads in one place!;)

Yes, I know I can go to my subscriptions page, but I also like to see new threads that have started. But I have added Floataway to my favorites.

If I want to get way the h*ck OT and talk about my baby's new teeth, I'll go to C@. It's a nice place for that. If I want info about HAL, I'll come here. Like soap that kept getting loose in the shower, things got out of hand.

Archived