I made final payment, can I change cabins?

I am completely confused about all this.....

we made our final payment back in August. We have 2 cabins on Conquest for Thanksgiving cruise.

If we wanted to upgrade to higher catagory, is this possible?

I cannot get a straight answer.

I have been told I would have to cancel rooms and rebook therefore lose deposit?

I cant call Carnival as I booked with a TA.

I am completely confused about all this.....

we made our final payment back in August. We have 2 cabins on Conquest for Thanksgiving cruise.

If we wanted to upgrade to higher catagory, is this possible OR do we lose

money because we have already made final payment?

How can you loose money, you have to pay for the upgrade? I do not know if you can do it after final payment, but you may not be able to. Call your TA or PVP and check.

I'm thinking that you will have to cancel and rebook, it's after final payment so there is a penalty.

But i could be wrong.

yes, this is what I have been told as well.

too bad they make you pay a penalty seems they would love for me to rebook at a higher cost.

oh well.

thanks

I did something similar on my last cruise. There were no 9A wrap arounds available, so I "settled" for an 11 suite. After final payment, one showed up. I called my TA, she called Carnival and I got the cabin I wanted and a $50 refund (there is usually about a $200-300 difference)

I was downgrading, but it didn't seem like a big deal.

Do you know if there are higher cabins available?

It could be done. I booked through Carnival though, so not sure what the differences are if you did through a TA.

After final payment I asked how much more it would be for a suite (I had balcony rm) - he gave me a grand total ( i think it was an extra $600 total), but that's what it would of been if I had decided to switch. So yes, for sure it can be done and you wont lose any money.

I am sailing on the Triumph in March. I decided to upgrade from a 8A balcony to a 8B on a higher deck. It was not a problem. No fees. I just had to pay the difference in the price (about $75).

But final payment has not been made on your cruise, it is easy to upgrade before final but what happens after final payment is due?

I know I'm hijacking this post but have a similar booking question. I booked a cruise several months out and put down the deposit on an inside 1a. I don't have to pay the balance for a few months. In the mean time on other sites I see the cheapest fare is now almost $100.00 less than I booked for. Since you are allowed to cancel before final payment and get your deposit back, can one cancel from PVP and rebook at cheaper price? I know the PVP said with 1a's you can't get price breaks should they arise, you can just hope you get a better cabin. The price on the other sites for an OV are less than what I am paying for a inside 1a.

Archived