Ship Tour or Self?

Wayneair

Heading to St. Lucia on the Constellation in November with a stop in St. Lucia. If memory serves correctly from when I was last there (2001), Castries is dirty and I recall paying to visit a private resort. Should I book through the ship or attempt on my own. Traveling with young kids.

We just got back from St Lucia last week, this was our second time here and this is our favorite Island! What are you planning on doing? We had a private driver, went to the Pitons (twin mountians, drive in volcano, gardens, snorkeling and lunch at a private resort and beach and stopped at several of the lookouts on the islands) We went with a private driver (Vincent, he ties up the ships when they come in so you are sure to be back on time moresweat@hotmail.com) We NEVER BOOK WITH THE SHIP (it is just to expensive (and the locals only get about half of the $), but we ALWAYS use someone recommended by other Cruise critic members to make sure we get some reliable. Casteries is the capital and most of the population of the islands lives here so it is pretty bustling, but the country side is beautiful, and the snorkeling here is wonderful. Talk to Vincent and see what he recommends for your family and compare the price with the ship, and remembere with the ship, you will be with 100 other people, vs going private you get to do what you what when you want how you want! You decide what suits you best and have a great time!

Archived