Upgrading your cabin after booking?

Jeepenfun

Looking at booking a 5 day on the Elation next June for our honeymoon. Right now were looking at doing guarentee OV cabin. We've talked about if we come up with the extra $880 before the final payment comes due to call the PVP and see if they can upgrade us to the suite state room with balcony if any are still available. Balcony would be nice but I know on the Elation those staterooms are limited to suites only. My question is will the PVP work with us if we call later and say we'd like to buy into the suite stateroom if any are left or are we stuck with what I originaly booked? Also at nearly a $900 increase for a suite and balcony is it worth it for first time cruisers or just save our money for shopping, shore excursions, drinks, and the Disneyland trip right after getting off the ship? Money is already tight with saving for a wedding and booking a cruise and 3 nights at Disneyland and flights and and and and and........ Maybe we'll elope instead. :D I just love how when your trying to plan a wedding all the family members try and plan it for you not carring how much it's going to cost you. :rolleyes:

Looking at booking a 5 day on the Elation next June for our honeymoon. Right now were looking at doing guarentee OV cabin. We've talked about if we come up with the extra $880 before the final payment comes due to call the PVP and see if they can upgrade us to the suite state room with balcony if any are still available. Balcony would be nice but I know on the Elation those staterooms are limited to suites only. My question is will the PVP work with us if we call later and say we'd like to buy into the suite stateroom if any are left or are we stuck with what I originaly booked? Also at nearly a $900 increase for a suite and balcony is it worth it for first time cruisers or just save our money for shopping, shore excursions, drinks, and the Disneyland trip right after getting off the ship? Money is already tight with saving for a wedding and booking a cruise and 3 nights at Disneyland and flights and and and and and........ Maybe we'll elope instead. :D I just love how when your trying to plan a wedding all the family members try and plan it for you not carring how much it's going to cost you. :rolleyes:

my wife and i had booked a 6A Ov cabin on the legend we paid in full on sunday and then i relized that you know what for 200 bucks i am going to upgrade. So i phones travelocity said i want to upgrade to this catagory, he said which room i told him he, phoned carnival and it was done i just paid the difference. My Carnival e-docs already have the new info on it. Al though my profile still says OV when i look at stateroom details but the Docs have my right room and category. I have heard some PVP or TA just dont do it becuase they are lazy but i had no issue what so ever

Archived