Current list of Mercury cabins with poles in the room please

cvanhorn

I am booked for the same cruise to HI Nov 6 2008.

I emailed Celebrity with the following question.

It has come to my attention that there are poles in certain inside cabins on the plaza deck on the Mercury. Namely 5050,5055,5058,5061,5066,5069,5070 and 5073 plus there may be

more. I have seen pictures of said cabins with the poles. I have a reservation for cabin 5071 which is among those listed. The cabin would be unsatifactory if such pole exist and would either need a cabin change or need to cancel my reservation. Could you clarify the existance of these polls?

The following is Celebrity reply.

In researching your inquiry it has been found that these particular rooms including the one that you were booked do have poles in them. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. In looking forward, though, it seems that your Travel Agent has already

made appropriate adjustments to your reservation to better suit your needs. We hope you find this information useful.

For only $10 per person more I changed to cat 9 8100 numbers.

Justhanging

To be safe, do not book ANY inside room on Plaza deck behind Guest Relations. I "worked" on this issue for over a week with at least 5 calls to Celebrity with a variety of answers from, Don't Know, There are no Poles to a ever changing list of rooms with poles. The last straw was when the rep. actually put me on hold for 15 minutes and said she would contact the ship. She came back with a new list that including my cabin (5068). I have moved to the Promanade deck, aft area for an additional $10! Well worth the peace of mind.

Debr

(I'm also on the Nov. 6, 2008 sailing)

Archived