Penguin Tour in Puerto Madryn

Sandy Shores

our cruise arrived late last year due to high winds preventing docking at the 'scheduled' time. The roads to the Penguin colony are excellent except for the very last bit.

From what I saw the 'local' minivans weren't in the best of shape....but even a X tour bus broke down. It was a great experience...worth the $$ for sure. 10k penguins...and not at all what you expect (sand/gravel/bushes)...no snow!

Our roll-call group has two vehicles booked in November to Punta Tombo with Huinca Travel (huincatravel.com), which has received good reviews.

Another tour operator is Whales Patagonia. There are others as well--if you do a search in this forum, you'll find plenty of possibilities. A search in roll calls for your ship, looking at other sailings near yours, is helpful as well for finding what tours others are doing.

Hope you have a great time.

We were in Punto Tombo in Feb of this year and it was certainly one of the highlights of the cruise.We arrived well before the ships buses and had the place to ourselves.We used whalespatagonia,their web site is http://www.whalespatagonia.com.ar and you can email them at info@whalespatagonia.com.ar The service we received was excellent.

Englishmum, we have tried to get info from the website for Whales Patagonia, but it is all in Spanish. Were you able to get a site in English? Even when I google it and do "translate this page" it comes out in Spanish.

Longduo

Englishmum, we have tried to get info from the website for Whales Patagonia, but it is all in Spanish. Were you able to get a site in English? Even when I google it and do "translate this page" it comes out in Spanish.

Longduo

When we did our South American cruise I got all the info off this site,I checked out the web sites and like you say they are in Spanish but other people had put the email address which I gave in my previous post.The lady who responded to my emails was IIeana Medici who you can contact at info @whalespatagonia.com.ar or try msn.whalespatagoniatourism@hotmail.com

When I did my research on this site so many people had recommended this firm that I had no worries about using them myself.Everything worked perfectly.Several emails went back and forth until we were happy with our tour as we also wanted to see Gaimen on our return to port.I understand that the price is cheaper if there are more of you but we wanted a car to ourselves and I think the price was $92 each,but worth every penny.

Archived