Spa and Salon on Crown Princess

cruise friend

I had my nails done on my Crown cruise (although I left home with a fresh manicure, two days of pre-cruise traveling w/lugging around a suitcase through train stations and taxis did a number on it!) -- the manicurist was very nice and did a fabulous job, but this was just a regular, not a fill. Back in the day when I had acrylics, I recall getting a polish change on long cruises but never a refill -- I don't think they do them as I don't recall seeing any evidence of those supplies at her station.

The spa itself is very pretty, very relaxing atmosphere up there, and the front desk staff were exceptionally friendly, so even though I didn't partake in any of the spa services myself on this trip (but have enjoyed some nice treatments on previous cruises), I wouldn't hesitate to book something if I were you. I've heard others say that they felt their service providers did a hard sell on the products -- not sure if that's true across the board, and I've not come across it myself in other Princess ships where I've utilized the spa. I've been recommended products but never felt like I was being pressured (as Nancy Reagan used to tell us, Just Say No). If you try it out, let us know how it was.

Archived