Where to get snorkel gear for self tour?

paultg4445

On Palm Beach you can rent gear from Aruba Watersports http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/snorkeling.htm They are located between the Radisson and the Occidental directly on the beach.

At the southern tip of the island adjacent to Baby Beach JADS has rentals http://www.jadsaruba.com/JADSAUA/index.html#beachstore

I would contact either one before to insure they will be able to accommodate you. I am 99.9% sure you will have no problems with Aruba Watersports because we have used them before.

Thanks ArubaLisa! .... which of those two locations would you recommend for snorkeling if we just pick one? Our plan right now is to incorporate an hour or two of beach/snorkeling into our island tour.

Any chance you would be able to recommended a day tour plan for us? We are very active... want to explore the island and are open for ideas. We'll have 4x4 jeep wranglers for the day. Are there some must see places and a fun casual place for lunch? We should probably start off with some rudimentary plan :)

Thanks!!

Since the Natural Bridge fell into the ocean a few years ago, you might not want to plan your day around it.

I recommend bringing your own snorkel mask and tube. Snorkeling is so much more comfortable with properly fitting equipment that you are comfortable with. Rental masks tend to leak. You can get a nice set at any sporting goods store or Costco for $30 or less, or even go to a dive shop and have an inexpensive mask custom-fitted, if your face is very narrow or very wide.

If you have your own basic equipment, you can still borrow fins and vest if you take snorkel excursions, but you are also free to go anywhere on your own to snorkel. It will save you money and be a better experience.

It sounds as if you have plenty of time, I am just not sure whether you plan on more sightseeing than snorkeling or vice versa.

If you wanted to see the entire island, I would start with your vehicle and head south of Oranjestad and work your way along the coast do Arikok National Park. Drive through the park as far as you like and then unfortunately you need to turn around and back track. There is only one way in and one way it that is easy without being familiar with the area.

From there you can follow the coastline back around and stop just about anywhere including your ship for lunch. Then head north, if you haven't eaten lunch yet there are a ton of spots along Palm Beach. Have someone run over to Aruba Watersports to pick up your equipment and then drive north to any of the beaches, for sure snorkeling: Catalina and Malmok

Info & Ideas for Snorkeling in Aruba

Touring on our Own + Snorkling

Also at that end of the island is the California Lighthouse and then if you continue around along the coastline southward................

Yes, the Natural Bridge has gone from

nbb_sm.JPG TO naturalbridgec_sm.jpg

What you see is in the pics, the ride there from the California Lighthouse is a short one and you will also be close to the gold mill ruins and a Alto Vista Chapel.

Archived