Desserts

shipmate67

Assuming it's not a make-or-break factor, why not just be surprised?

My husband has to eat something to raise his blood sugar level almost everyday. Being he is so darn picky about his sweets I just needed to know that there would be things that he would eat if he needed to or did I need to bring OJ and his usual candy that he keeps on him all the time.

Basically I want to give him a bit of a variety if I can.

From what we saw on those websites so kindly provided to us, we found that there is a few things on the dessert menu he will eat if he wants or needs to.

There is on the red sail buffet, cheese cake, fruits, other cakes, and a sugar free desert daily. Out of couriosity, is your husband Diabetic, or Hypoglycemic? You can have brownies, and cookies ordered through room service to have in your room. just order for three or four to have plenty. Put the left overs in a bag and fridge it. they also have a marvelous chocolate cake in room service. so rich, we shared a piece, and still did not eat it all.

The chocolate melting cake at dinner may be too rich for him. I know last year i could have eaten 2 of them at one meal, but this year, after my illness, I can not stand to eat hardly half of what I use to, and have come to dislike a lot of other foods.

I did enjoy the sugar free deserts on the dinner menu each night. Banana cake, Lemon cake, Coconut cake, and Apple pie are just a few to mention. The Baked Alaska was good also.

Just remember to take a few baggies for cookies, and brownies when you order them from room service.

also, Creames, the dessert shop has excellent deserts including chocolate covered strawberries, black forest cake($2.00) but it is huge, and other things like strussel, cookies, chocolate cake, and carrot cake. Well worth the price because they give you a huge slice. the 3 of us could nto finish a piece of cake from there.

good luck, and Happy sailing.

There is on the red sail buffet, cheese cake, fruits, other cakes, and a sugar free desert daily. Out of couriosity, is your husband Diabetic, or Hypoglycemic? You can have brownies, and cookies ordered through room service to have in your room. just order for three or four to have plenty. Put the left overs in a bag and fridge it. they also have a marvelous chocolate cake in room service. so rich, we shared a piece, and still did not eat it all.

The chocolate melting cake at dinner may be too rich for him. I know last year i could have eaten 2 of them at one meal, but this year, after my illness, I can not stand to eat hardly half of what I use to, and have come to dislike a lot of other foods.

I did enjoy the sugar free deserts on the dinner menu each night. Banana cake, Lemon cake, Coconut cake, and Apple pie are just a few to mention. The Baked Alaska was good also.

Just remember to take a few baggies for cookies, and brownies when you order them from room service.

also, Creames, the dessert shop has excellent deserts including chocolate covered strawberries, black forest cake($2.00) but it is huge, and other things like strussel, cookies, chocolate cake, and carrot cake. Well worth the price because they give you a huge slice. the 3 of us could nto finish a piece of cake from there.

good luck, and Happy sailing.

He is Hypoglycemic. He does like brownies so the room service idea and bringing baggies is a great idea for us. Thank you that makes us both feel so much better. I worry about him he gets really dizzy and lighht-headed when he doesn't have enough sugar in his system. I have seen him pass out from it before and this I do my best to help him avoid. If he wasn't so darn picky this would be so much easier to take care of. I love him and he is worth the extra effort. :)

I personally think I will be going to the Cafe to purchase a piece of carrot cake as I love it. Yummmmmm

Thanks one and all for your help it is very appreciated.

Deb and Danny

Archived